IT Network Engineer - Ex Military
Billingsgate, Greater London, England
£33000 - £40000/annum Plus Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Our Client is an experienced serviced office provider who are currently looking to recruit an IT Network Engineer to support the business and its growing client list.
They are looking for a keen and eager individual who enjoys being part of a close-knit team. Building strong relationships with both staff and clients is essential, so applicants must have great communication and time management skills. They will often be required to break down complex information into simple terms. This is a hands-on role in a fast paced environment where a driven individual can thrive.
• Support network & telephone systems throughout the Group.
• Internal Systems:
Monitor all devices to ensure they are kept up to date, backed up and working efficiently.
• Help Desk: provide help and support to staff with any IT issues and clients within the network and telephone issues. Advise clients on the setup of IT services provided at each Centre.
• Sales Support: be part of pre- and post-sales process to help clients of to meet their requirements and upsell any additional IT services for additional revenue.
• Meeting Room AV system: work with partners in delivering advanced & effective Audio Video systems to meet clients’ needs in all meeting rooms.
• Project Management: assist with projects, including setting up all new infrastructure. • Communication: ensure all departments are kept well informed of changes and newsworthy events relevant to the Group.
Effectively communicate relevant ITrelated information to superiors for regular and ad hoc meetings.
• Review the performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels and upgrade requirements.
• Prepare to work out of hours and weekends if necessary in order to implement upgrades and project delivery.
• Building Security Systems: assist with all installation requirements
• VOIP setup and troubleshooting
• Work with MSP and various contractors
• Assist with comms room setup and installations
• Windows technology & troubleshooting
• Carry out all necessary site visits for various installations and repairs
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
Understand and comply with all relevant company rules, agreements, policies and procedures and help foster and create a happy, collaborative, successful and respectful company culture and ambience
• Read and comply with instructions and directions as communicated via signs, notices, emails and community online portals
• Conduct yourself, always, in a professional and responsible manner, promoting a good and proper image of the company
• Windows operating systems: configuration and troubleshooting
• MAC and iOS operating systems: configuration and troubleshooting
• Active Directory and group policy
• Microsoft Office suite product support
• Office 365, Azure Cloud (office 365 SharePoint online & Dynamics knowledge is bonus)
• Good understanding of networking & experience of working with networking equipment (switches, patch panels and APs) o Understanding of VLAN setups and IP subnets o LAN/WAN
• Good understanding of wireless technologies and wireless controllers
• Previous 2nd line support experience
• Keen interest in exploring and testing the latest tec