Electrical and Instrumentation - Bury St Edmunds | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
£44764/annum equivalent of 26 days annual leave + BH, Cont
Permanent (Full time)
Shift Based Beet Processing Plant
This will be a shift-based role on a 12-hour day and night pattern with possible movement on to days. Throughout the year you will report to the day-based Engineering Lead of the Refinery APU. On a day to day basis you will work closely with your Shift Performance Manager as part of his multi-skilled shift team. This role will carry out planned and reactive electrical and instrumentation maintenance. During non-operational periods, this role may undertake maintenance activities on a 12-hour day pattern at certain times of the year.
Days Based Beet Processing Plant
If moving on to a day pattern this role will report to a day-based Engineering lead responsible for one of the 4 main factory areas, refinery, extraction, animal feed or energy. The role will carry out planned and reactive electrical and instrumentation maintenance and some installation work as and when required.
Requirement for Both Plants
To be able to give the flexibility to work in shift & day-based role and support the mechanical engineering discipline as and when required.
Key Results Areas
• Work in partnership with Shift & days-based management & technicians to carry out repairs & maintenance to plant.
• Troubleshooting and practical fault finding on packaging & Industrial plant, instrumentation and control systems
• Installation of new plant or modifications to existing.
• Carry out planned inspection routes and proactive maintenance on process & packaging plant
• During maintenance periods undertake maintenance testing and commissioning of plant in readiness for operations
• Reporting of all engineering activities into the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Making plant safe for maintenance & become competent to receive and/or authorise a range of permits as required
• Demonstration of the correct level/standard of technician competency
• Demonstrate support & delivery of quality, environment, and health & safety operational performance
• Engagement with key operational initiatives and site business improvement plan
• Engagement through direct or indirect working with a safety Improvement team
• Engagement of incremental improvement projects/work
• Responsible to deliver safe and compliant reactive and proactive electrical & Instrument maintenance in the beet processing plant or electrical & mechanical maintenance in the customer supply plant.
• Troubleshooting and practical fault finding on all plant
• Ability to make sound engineering decisions that ensure effective, safe and compliant maintenance of plant & equipment
• Ability to prioritise key engineering activities
• Ability to use knowledge and experience to “make a call” on when to take an operational piece of plant offline and understand the urgency of its return to service
• The shift-based role may require a period of day-based working based on business need
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
• IOSH working Safely
• Comprehensive technical knowledge gained through large scale, complex operational factory experience
• Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex large industrial environment and or fast pace food producing and packing environment
• ONC / HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering supported by a recognised apprenticeship
• A proven track record of effective technical problem solving, fault diagnosis, maintenance and continuous improvement
• Experience of working in a lean operating environment
• Experience of working in an operational team of varying disciplines and skill level
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to work as an individual and with groups
• Ability to effectively balance urgent and important tasks
• Ability to demonstrate practical hands on skills, competence and knowledge of maintenance activities in the sugar manufacturing & packing process or similar
• Ideally experienced in some of the following; 3 phase electrical power distribution systems, 3 phase motor control centres and variable speed drives. The Installation commissioning and calibration of process control instrumentation (Pressure temperature level flow pH density etc.). High Voltage switchgear, transformers and generators. Digital control systems (DCS) SCADA systems & PLC control
• High degree of credibility and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the factory and the operations function of the business.
• Demonstrate passion to inspire everyone to do their best and help pull people successfully through critical situations.
• Commitment to maintaining the Health & Safety for self and others.
• Commitment to upholding the British Sugar Values.
• Enthusiasm for work and a positive can-do attitude