Maintenance Supervisor - Biggleswade | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Biggleswade, Central Bedfordshire, England
£30000 - £35000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Maintenance Supervisor Based in Biggleswade
Salary £35k Depending on experience
Hours Alternative early 6am – 2pm and late shift 2pm – 10pm
• Managing a small team of maintenance technicians and cleaners, carrying out appraisals and implementing personal development plans.
• Managing third party contracts.
• Planning and introducing preventative maintenance programmes and spare parts management. Ensuring route causes are identified and preventative measures are put in place.
• Managing our sub contractors and developing strong relationships with these partners to ensure quality is met in a timely manner and within budget.
• Ensuring that all building maintenance issues are managed in a timely and effective manner. Again, ensuring site and building maintenance programmes are in place.
• Ensuring our fleet of Fork Lift trucks are operational at all times and carrying out repairs when necessary.
• Managing budgets.
• Ensuring that all equipment such as conveyors, packing machines, scanners etc are fully operational at all times. Work in close collaboration with our Logistics Managers to meet their operational needs.
• Proactively giving technical advice about maintenance on the implementation of new logistical systems and the prevention of technical malfunctions.
• Being on call to handle emergencies during hardware or software malfunctions whitin the logistic processes.
• Improving cost and availability of consumables.
• Aligning with sales so to improve our workshop order leadtime and quality.
• Expanding our capabilities with our workshop (Technical Services) and working closely with our Group based Technical Services Manager.
• Continually reducing and improving downtime.
• Being accountable for meeting departmental KPIs.
• Manage building maintenance and repairs by implementing and managing checks, inspection rounds and audits.
• Handling incoming requests, hiring external technicians where necessary and ensuring a good and safe condition of the building at all times.
• Ensuring our building is maintained to the upmost standard and completing all repairs in a cost effective, professional and timely manner.
• Handling all the administrative tasks in relation to the maintenance of the building so that all legal obligations are met.
• Managing and optimal stock of materials, tools and repair products.
• Previous experience of managing a small team and third party contracts.
• Sound mechanical skills and previous experience of managing and repairing mechanical equipment within a manufacturing or logistics environment as well as a fleet of Fork Lift trucks
• Fault finding.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business