Consultant Psychiatrist - Exeter | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Exeter, Devon, England
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want the chance to live in the beautiful Devon countryside, where you can enjoy the sea and a historic city?
Join the brand-new purpose-built Mental Health service in Exeter and be a part of a new and innovative team to provide excellent people-focused outcomes.
Pinhoe View opened in April 2021 with the first ward providing a 16 bedded female acute service and further service developments occurring in Autumn 2021.
You will work hours a week alongside a growing multidisciplinary team at Pinhoe View, where a range of mental health services are provided for adults with acute mental health conditions across two wards and eight individual flats. You'll have access to a range of excellent schools and a National rail service on your doorstep.
With experience from the NHS or independent sector, you will be required to have a background in working within an acute inpatient or community settings with a CST in General Adult Psychiatry. You will be responsible for a caseload of up to 16 patients with associate specialist medical support.
Within this role, you will provide leadership to the multidisciplinary team, overseeing treatment and care pathways for patients admitted to the hospital. You will be a valued part of the management team at the Hospital with input into clinical governance, quality improvement and service development.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you will be required to hold both section 12(2) approval and approved clinician status and will be expected to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
*There is an on-call aspect to this role that will see you contribute a 1 in 4 second-tier on-call commitment which is predominantly telephone advice
- Work with an RGN and GP provision to support physical health care
- Supervision of associate specialists
- Role in the assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation including use of evidence-based treatment
- Mental Health Act implementation, report completion and attendance at medico-legal meetings.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients including ensuring all NHSE contractual obligations are met (. timely review of assessments etc in line with KPIs)
- Contribution to clinical governance and responsibility for setting and monitoring standards
- Participation in clinical audit and quality improvement activities
- Actively participate to service development of Pinhoe View
- Maintenance of continuing professional development and appraisal requirements.
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at the commencement of employment)
- Flexible working arrangements (4 day working or flexible hours)
- Birthday leave<span styl