LINE TECHNICIAN - Alconbury | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
The British flower market is worth £ billion and we are one of the UK’s largest flower suppliers to the High St, suppling fresh cut flowers and bouquets from all over the world to the retail sector across the UK and Europe.
Having established MM Flowers in 2007, we have experienced significant year on year growth and today, from our state-of-the-art facility in Alconbury, Huntingdon, with a turnover in excess of £100 million and employing over 500 people, we continue to set our sights on being No1.
To do that, we need the best people to help us achieve our dream. We deliver an amazing service and product to our customers and we continue to strive to deliver excellence at every point in the supply chain. From flower propagation, breeding and growing to logistics, processing and marketing, but to do it in a way which is mindful of our environmental impact.
Sound like a company you would love to be a part of? It’s a very exciting time here at MM Flowers and if you have the talent and drive to be a part of shaping our journey, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for quality lead people to join our Production Team as Line Technicians.
JOB TITLE: Line Technician
REPORTING TO: Operations
LOCATION: Alconbury, Huntingdon
In a nutshell, you will be:
Part of the Line Management Team working on the line checking the product quality, and make, against the customer’s individual specification. You will also assist the Line Leader in ensuring the line runs at its optimum levels of efficiently, as well as consistently operating in line with our Health & Safety standards.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Act as a role model and ensure all company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to
- Assist in leading the team to deliver a quality and customer focused efficient packing operation on a day-to-day basis
- Cover the Line Leader in their absence
- Attend and lead, if needed, daily meetings with the team, reporting any areas of concern and recommendations for improvement and root cause analysis.
- Ensure a positive release of each individual bunch on the line that you handle so it adheres to customer specifications
- Help motivate and develop the team to consistently achieve and maintain key performance indicators daily, providing feedback when required
- Have a sound working knowledge of all product specifications
- Be knowledgeable of flower defects and apply it during day-to-day work
- Create the production sample of each new work order, to be placed in a display bucket
- Remove any bunches of flowers where quality falls outside the customer specifications, ensuring that where possible the bunch is reworked to comply with quality
- Ensure that all production standard operating procedures (SOPs) are adhered to when conducting day-to-day production requirements
- Ensure that products are packed to the customer specification on quality and packaging for each customer, informing the Section Leader if this is not the case
- Raise any consistent issues to the Line Leader so that the line can be stopped and the issue corrected
- Support and assist in maintaining the required hygiene standards within the company
- Ensure all company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to
What you will already be able to do:
- Be familiar operating within a KPI driven structure
- Previous experience in a quality-based role
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- You must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Have a very keen eye for detail and the ability to follow specifications precisely
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work
- Have a respectful and positive approach to working with agency labour providers and agency team members from various cultural backgrounds
- Be an approachable individual, willing to listen and actively encourage subordinates to contribute to the success of the team
- Be driven to succeed with a can-do approach
- Engages with the whole team and actively listens
It’s not essential, but we would also love it if you have:
- Experience in a similar role within fresh produce/food production/FMCG environment
- Experience of operating packing machinery
- Experience with Rubicon ERP systems
- Experience of Lean manufacturing implementations
And about you, we need you to have:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent motivation and communication skills, confident to communicate effectively with the different business areas and key stakeholders
- A real team player
- The ability to work well when under pressure and working to tight deadlines
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Line Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency