Import Export Assistant - Merley | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Import Export Assistant
Merley, Poole, England
Permanent (Full time)
Cobham Mission Systems have an exciting opportunity for an Import Export Assistant.
The Import/Export Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Import/Export Administrator and wider despatch team, ensuring that delivery metrics are achieved, logistical activities are managed and compliance is maintained against internal processes and external regulations.
This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset.
We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As an Import Export Assistant, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Previous experience in an international shipping and logistics environment required
* Experience within the aerospace sector would be a distinct advantagea
* Commodities experience
* Computer literate good basic level of ability of the various Microsoft Office products
* Previous use of an MRP/ERP system desirable
As an Import Export Assistant, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Generate and review despatch notes to ensure correctness against customer requirement(s)
* Collate certificates of origin, completed checklists and certificates of conformance in readiness for product shipment
* Prepare export clearance documentation in accordance with statutory requirements, including EAR, ITAR and NISPROM as enshrined in US law
* Manage the handling, packing and despatching of hazardous and non-hazardous items in accordance with current regulations for their transportation by road, sea or air
* Engage with forwarders, shipping companies and couriers, utilising corporate freight agreements accordingly
* Arrange and monitor logistical activities for UK and international shipments
* Communicate shipping status with internal customer(s) including any Airway/Bills of lading, tracking numbers or proof of delivery
* Issue import customs clearance instructions
* Maintain compliance with customs and government regulations
* Ensure that shipping, handling, storage and customs fees are billed correctly
* Provide support to HMRC queries, communications and audits
* Scan and upload received paperwork into the document management system, retaining hard copies as applicable
* Perform additional administrative tasks and/or the packing and processing of items prior to shipment as required
* Continuous Improvement, 5S, Root Cause Problem Solving and Standard Work.
* Conduct all operations according to prescribed SHE principles
* Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few