Training Area Operative
West Tofts, Norfolk, England
£19867/annum 25 Days holiday + benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Application closing date: 8th October 2021
Based at West Tofts camp, you will join the team that collectively manage 33,000 acres of Breckland estate which equates to 2% of Norfolk majority of which is SSSI, SPA and SAC whilst providing support to the military training estate.
Please note this role is working 5 in 7 days which may include weekends.
This varied role will be supporting our newly enhanced urban training villages with the following responsibilities:
* Preparing facilities and training areas for use
* Preventative maintenance
* Grounds maintenance
* Fabrication of fixtures, fittings and props for training purposes
* Operation and maintenance of plant and equipment
* Driving and operating fleet vehicles
* To ensure that the Training Estate Facilities adhere to safe systems of work
* Liaise with stakeholders
* Use both IT and paper based systems to complete any relevant documentation
What you can do
* Knowledge in H&S such as COSHH, manual handling, risk assessment and safe systems of work
* Have an experience as a range/training area user (desirable)
* Have a full driver’s license valid in the United Kingdom (essential)
* Ability to operate rural plant and machinery (desirable)
* Basic IT skills
* A “can do” attitude.
* Basic DIY skills
Full training will be provided.