Mechanical Shift Engineer - Guildford | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical Shift Engineer
Guildford, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
This Engineering role is with one of the largest facilities management companies in the UK. They work across a broad spectrum of sectors and have a specific requirement for a mechanically biased multi-skilled engineer in North London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of essential mechanical and electrical equipment within a commercial building. This is a shift pattern job (Days only).
* Escalation point of issues and support drives to provide root cause of facility issues
* Responsible for ensuring maintenance/repairs are planned and executed to the best interest of the business
* Report status of progress in timely and accurate fashion
* React to incidents and events that may impact the building/business
* Work autonomously to resolve mechanical issues
* Operate with general guidance from supervisors, management, Project / Chief Engineers, and / or mentors
There is a clear route for career development and we are looking for someone who is keen to progress and eager to join an ambitious company. You will ideally have the following:
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
* Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Good attention to detail and organisational skills
* Strong judgment and instincts
* Able to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment
* Mechanically Qualified or experienced
* Interpersonal/People Management Skills
* Strong computer skills
* Must be willing to work shifts
The Plus Points
There are genuine opportunities for career development and progression with this company. They also invest heavily in training and successful applicants can expect long and rewarding careers