Project Quantity Surveyor - Bishop's Castle | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Project Quantity Surveyor
Bishop's Castle, Shropshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
The new is one of the strongest operators of European energy networks and energy-related infrastructure, as well as a provider of advanced customer solutions for more than 50 million customers. With a total of over 75,000 employees we are represented in 15 countries. This makes us ideally positioned to help drive Europe's energy transition.
By focusing on two sustainable growth areas and with the acquisition of innogy, fully commits itself to the fundamental transformation of the energy world. As one of Europe’s largest energy service providers we will actively drive the energy transition in Hungary and Europe.
Combining the expertise of both companies will also make a pioneer in developing new and innovative energy solutions and attract the brightest minds in the energy sector.
At we're 100% committed to our part in creating a sustainable future, whether it’s a new energy efficient boiler, insulating your home or providing a renewable energy solution, we are absolutely on it, and we would love you to join us in helping decarbonising customers’ homes and helping the planet at the same time.
Right now, we’re looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor with a strong financial and commercial background to join our team. Here you’ll be responsible for the successful commercial management of our projects which also include ECO elements. Within this role you’ll work closely design and delivery teams to create a competitive supply chain with robust contracts, and then seek continual improvements. In addition to this you’ll also support in survey close out and ongoing monitoring.
Within this role, you’ll play a pivotal role in liaising with our internal stakeholders, subcontractors and clients to ensure that we deliver on what we say. This role will include managing a range of different schemes, from our Air Source Heat pumps to Cavity Wall installation, to ensure that we meet our contractual, commercial and financial targets and deadlines. You’ll create clear commercial management tools to enable close financial management of projects to ensure that these can always be tracked and monitored. This is so business practices and market conditions can be analysed to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and performance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the design and delivery teams in the preparation of tenders relating to the technical and commercial factors of the project, whilst closely liaising with the Procurement Team on tendering processes.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers and contractors as part of a multi functional team.
- Manage the preparation of contracts / pricing schedule for all types of contracts (T&M, NEC and JCT, and bespoke service agreements).
- Provide contract support to the delivery team, to resolve conflicts with suppliers and contractors.
- Manage and ensure the carrying out of all quantity surveying duties including commercial control of projects, valuation of subcontract applications and invoices, raising of internal invoicing. Cost analysis and cost performance reporting against budgets. Monitoring the performance of projects from a contract and commercial point of view.
- Seeking the best value for money to deliver a safe, quality service.
- Advising on project commercial risks and potential delays, variation and project contractual issues
- Prepare and lead the procurement plan for projects.
- A degree in quantity surveying
- Strong financial and commercial experience.
- Strong management experience within a quantity surveying department.
- Experience of tender assessment and negotiations.
- Experience of specification writing and contract negotiation.
- Strong negotiating skills and an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
- A pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- An ability to think strategically about supply chain relationships, to secure the best long-term results for the team.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- A driving licence