Transport Manager - Chepstow | 8686 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales
£30k - 35k per year
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Transport Manager based in Chepstow. The successful candidate will earn £30,000-£35,000 per annum depending on experience. The primary objective of the Transport Manager should be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the transport department in the depot. This will require skill and care and a certain amount of initiative.
This is a full-time position working 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday and Saturday on a rota basis. There is also a requirement to be 'on-call' on evenings and weekends.
- CPC Transport qualification as a minimum
- Experience in a Transport Manager/Transport Supervisor position
- Comfortable dealing with disciplinary issues
- Comfortable dealing with grievance issues
- Experience of transport planning
- Advanced IT skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Be computer literate with HR and Time and Attendance systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
Role Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Recruitment, along with HR, of permanent drivers, both van, and HGV in accordance with approved budgets and staff numbers.
- Ensuring all drivers have read and understood the driver's handbook and the drivers code of conduct
- Ensuring that all drivers are adhering to the Driver's Code of Conduct.
- Taking or recommending immediate disciplinary action where drivers are in breach of the driver's handbook or Code of Conduct.
- Managing driver and admin staff hours and anomalies for smooth HR and payroll processes.
- Replying in a timely fashion to internal departments with any queries raised.
- Recruitment of transport administration staff in accordance with approved budgets and staff numbers.
- Ensuring shift patterns in place to cover Saturdays with employed drivers to eliminate agency.
- Ensuring driver debriefs are thorough and carried out in accordance with the company debrief policy.
- Ensuring the first delivery tyres are checked on the van prior to leaving yard
- Using daily, weekly & monthly telematic data reports to debrief drivers in order to prevent accidents in accordance with the company policy.
- Reducing the use of agency/freelance drivers to a minimum by the effective recruitment of casual drivers who are employed by the company.
- Working closely with ATC to allocate drivers to routes/runs daily, obtaining authorisation for and organising agency drivers if required.
- Working with the Depot Manager allocating some warehouse staff as driver cover and using drivers in the warehouse as an option for cover when needed.
- Actively managing driver holidays to ensure cover is maintained in house without the need to use agency.
- Ensuring drivers complete daily checks reports and that defects are actioned accordingly.
- Working closely with internal maintenance team to ensure vehicles are safe to drive legally.
- Ensuring accidents are reported correctly and investigations are completed thoroughly, and any necessary action taken.
- Producing weekly reports to Depot Manager on performance of department.
- Strict compliance with the company rules on rescheduling drops and returned tyres.
Our client have specialised in wholesale tyres for over 45 years, they have grown and maintained their position as one of the UK's leading tyre wholesalers. Last year they supplied nearly million tyres to the trade.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Transport Manager, CPC Transport, Transport Supervisor, Transport Planning, Depot, Drivers, Transport, HR, Time and Attendance Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Reports
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...