Operations Chemist - Avonmouth | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Avonmouth, Bristol, England
25000.0000 - 30000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Due to increased demand, we currently have a vacancy for an Operations Chemist to join our team in BRISTOL. The role is often outdoor/field based and requires extensive travel with frequent overnight periods away from home for periods up to a week at a time. Whilst the majority of the work is UK based, it may be required to travel abroad to less developed countries for periods of up to 2 weeks at a time. The role is a varied, responsible and demanding position, requiring the successful candidate to be a key player in the technical, logistic, safety and customer service aspects of our operations.
Pegasus Waste Management was established 25 years ago. The Company is a specialised provider of hazardous and chemical wastes management services to aerospace, defence, education and fine chemicals markets. We supply expert contracting services to a demanding and long-term customer base who usually have complex and challenging projects.
The successful candidate will need to be a pragmatic, energetic and resourceful operator who has a strong focus for organising and a solid scientific background to UK degree level or equivalent. In return, the candidate will benefit from a development programme to enable a central role in the Company’s business operations. The role is likely to suit a graduate or recent graduate looking to develop a strong start in a challenging role, with early management responsibility unrivalled by many other employers. Previous hazardous wastes experience is not essential, but we welcome applications from motivated and well qualified industry candidates looking to develop their career.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- A UK Degree to minimum BSc HONOURS (or equivalent) level in Chemistry or life/earth sciences, with a strong pass at A-level chemistry if your degree isn’t chemistry.
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Ability to be employed in UK permanently
In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A record of achievement and a focus for challenges
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal skills to match
- A proactive attitude to teamwork and collaboration
- Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical mind-set
- Well-developed practical skills from life experiences.
- An interest in the environment and climate change
You will need to send us a CV with covering letter detailing your experience and what you can offer us. We are an equal opportunities employer. Deadline for applications TUESDAY 13th JULY 2021, NO AGENCIES.