HR Services Assistant - Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HR Services Assistant (12 month FTC)
Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Role summary/purpose of job
The HR Assistant operates as the 'front line contact’ of the HR Services team in the Manchester office and is the first point of contact for all HR related queries from the business. Case escalation is to the HR Services Advisors and HR Services Team Leader if appropriate, or the London HR Operations team. They are responsible for the provision of administrative support, covering all aspects of the employment lifecycle.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Responding to telephone, email and on-line enquiries and providing answers; managing the enquiry from initial contact to closure and ensuring a high level of customer service. The job holder will ensure that correct and timely advice is provided and escalate issues when appropriate;
- Providing transactional processing and administration for all main HR processes including on-boarding, pre-employment checks, appraisals, performance management, salary and bonus review, secondments, leavers, retirements, maternity/new parent leave, work experience, long service awards and renewal of fixed term contracts;
- Providing external correspondence to include: references mortgage/rental applications and business visa letters;
- Updating documents in response to new legislation or policy changes;
- Actively participate in regular team meetings to ensure information is shared;
- Involvement in HR projects;
- Administration support for the Trainee Development team including trainee new joiners and newly qualified associate processes;
- Updating and maintaining accurate information on the firm’s HR System (Workday) and other filing systems;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with the other members of the HR team;
- Actively participating in process improvement discussions and implementing necessary changes.
- High level of PC/database skills, including MS Office and Excel;
- Customer service experience within a professional or commercial environment;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of work produced;
- Previous experience of Workday or other HR database preferable;
- Proficient English language skills.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to build working relationships with a range of people at all levels;
- Proactive approach with a 'can-do' attitude;
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve the way that work is done;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage tasks efficiently and with a high attention to detail;
- Positive attitude with strong team skills, sharing knowledge, collaborating with and supporting colleagues;
- Excellent customer service skills with a helpful and responsive approach;
- Flexible in approach and adaptable to change or changing deadlines;
- Resilient and calm under pressure;
- Motivated, results and delivery focused with a commitment to quality of work;
- Strong attention to detail and good at prioritising workload;
- Takes ownership and actively looks for personal learning and development opportunities;
- Demonstrates sound judgement;
- Commitment to the highest level of integrity;
- Focus on finding the right solutions and problem solving;
- An understanding of working across cultural boundaries;
- Ability to manage self and maintain level of objectivity and professionalism.