Community - North West England - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Community Manager Northwest England
North West England - This Area Only
30978.0000 - 36445.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Community Manager (Northwest England)
Home Based in the North West area
Salary: £30,978 - £36,445 (dependent on experience)
Vehicle: A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Interview date: w/c 26 July 2021
Closing Date: 11-07-2021
Our vision is to save every one. It may take us a long time to get there, but drowning is preventable, and we believe that even one drowning is one too many. We are all lifesavers. We are all fundraisers. This is our watch.
We’re looking for the best of the best to be part of our RNLI crew. This is an exciting role that is people focused, making sure our engagement volunteers and supporters feel part of the RNLI family and are appreciated and supported in everything they do. You will be helping us brave the storm and empowering our volunteers in their engagement activities, from raising money, creating visitor experiences, developing our retail offering as well as looking for new audiences and opportunities.
As a Community Manager you will be responsible for:
- Being connected to the RNLI community in your area and the primary point of contact for all things engagement (fundraising, retail and visitor experience)
- Empowering volunteer engagement crew to do what they do best, engaging the public, sharing our RNLI vision and growing support for our cause
- Supporting volunteer engagement crew to achieve key income, footfall and contact goals and seeking ways to engage new audiences
- Being part of an amazing regional team, working collaboratively to shape the future of RNLI engagement and provide an outstanding level of care to staff, volunteers and supporters
- A people person, who can interact with, inspire and empower volunteers, branches, groups, individuals and businesses
- Able to work as part of a high performing team, but equally confident working independently, out and about in your area
- Passionate about making a real difference for our volunteers and supporters and growing support for our cause
To be considered as the Community Manager you will need:
- Significant experience of engaging supporters, volunteers and the general public
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- People leadership experience, ideally in leading volunteers in a collaborative environment
- Experience of seeking out and implementing new opportunities for improved performance
Some of the benefits
- Salary between £30,978 - £36,445 (dependent on experience)
- A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
This role requires a significant level of travel within the designated region but will also require occasional travel to other RNLI assets including our regional office and our support centre in Poole.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save every one.
This post requires a valid driving licence.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Community Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Engagement Manager, Volunteering Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Stewardship Manager, or Senior Supporter Engagement Officer.