1:1 Teaching Assistant - Bath | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
1:1 Teaching Assistant
Bath, Bath and North East Somerset, England
£65 - £75/day
Temporary (Full time)
Five Education is currently working with a primary school in the Bath area. We are looking for Teaching Assistants experienced in Special Educational Needs. The role is for 1:1 support for a Year 2 child with a diagnosis of Autism. This role is due to start in September 2021.
Responsibilities and duties:
* Helping the class teacher with differentiation so the student can access the curriculum
* Assisting the student to remain focused and on task
* Working with the class teacher to maintain a constructive approach to benefit the student
* Helping to develop social skills including facilitating friendships
* Supporting children with SEND, including Autism
* Implementing behaviour management tools
* A flexible and resourceful approach
* Have knowledge of Autism friendly approaches such as ‘Now and Next’, Social Stories and PECS (Picture exchange communication system)
* At least 12 months experience supporting children/ young people in an educational, care or coaching environment
* Knowledge of de-escalation techniques such as those taught in Team Teach or MAPA courses
* Have a right to work in the UK (a valid visa)
* Two recent child/vulnerable adult based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
* Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
* Able to work am to pm, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn’t comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
If you are interested in this role please contact David @ Five Education