Shift Manager - Bicester | 29265 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bicester, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £ billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 8 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and we are the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Shift Managers, to help strengthen our depot operations team. These roles will be based from our Depot in Bicester (OX26 4SS) We are looking for managers who
* Thrive working within a pressured, fast paced and time-bound environment
* Are comfortable work to strict KPI’s
* Can effectively manage and motivate their teams
* Are passionate about delivering a quality service
* Demonstrate the DPD DNA of Respect, Accountability, Passion, Flexibility, Hard Work and Honesty
DPD operates across 7 days so you will need to be flexible to work 5 shifts from 7 to include weekends.
**AM Shift Managers – Working Nights **
Primarily responsible for ensuring that the Warehouse Operatives are engaged, well managed and fully organised, so that the unloading of lorries and the accurate sortation of parcels is achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
**C&D Shift Managers – Early Morning to Afternoon **
Primary focus will be the smooth management of the Collections & Delivery function/process. Supervising a team of franchised drivers who operate on a self-employed basis within the depot, you’ll ensure all delivery & collection routes are properly set and that drivers scan and load their vans for delivery in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
**PM Shift Manager – Afternoons to Evenings**
Primarily responsible for overseeing the accurate processing of Collections and Returns and undertaking driver debriefs, as well as ensuring relevant systems and reports are analysed and updated in a timely manner and that inbound customer service queries are answered and dealt with successfully.
**What we’re looking for;**
* You will have experience in a fast paced operation with proven and demonstrable people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team.
* You will have strong communication skills with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage team.
* Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
* Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
* Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Google applications
* The ability to do comprehensive reporting, alongside analysis of data is a key requirement for this role.
* You will be highly vigilant to any unscrupulous activity taking swift and appropriate action when required.
** ****Job Specifics**
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD where we will go through the key processes that are required to make you a success in these roles
Our depots operate 365 days a year, therefore you will be required to cover any 5 night shifts, which will include weekend working.
**A full UK driving license is essential. **
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000’s of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...