Buyer / Assistant Buyer - Rochdale - This Area Only | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Buyer / Assistant Buyer
Rochdale - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Buyer / Assistant Buyer
£25K Circa dependant upon experience -
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break per day
Responsible to the Purchasing Manager and following a period of induction to assume responsibility for the Procurement, Sourcing and Scheduling of Raw Materials, Finished Products and Services from the UK, Europe and Far East.
You will be joining a long-established, well renowned and profitable £multi-million company supplying Cleaning and Laundry products to the largest retailers in the UK. The company is a well-known housewares brand and employs in the region of 400 people worldwide. In additional to manufacturing items in the UK, the company sources products and materials internationally and is supported by a buying team in China.
· Raising Purchase Orders on our SAP MRP system
· Interpreting forecast changes/amendments & impact on raw material stock availability
· Addressing stock/Invoice queries
· Liaising with supplier via phone/e-mail
· Requesting/organising sample shipments
· Checking documentation/arranging payment for imported products
· Updating import delivery reports and liaising with our Freight Forwarders/Warehouses to allocate deliveries/bookings,
· Maintenance of Integrity of information on SAP system
· Creation of New Product Codes and input into SAP
· Liaising with Sales/Marketing/Logistics Departments regarding stock availability issues.
· Undertake any other reasonable request as required by management
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
· Purchasing Experience in a manufacturing ideally non-food FMCG and/or importing environment
· Proven experience of using SAP would be a distinct advantage
· Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Proven experience in using Ms Excel
· Conscientious, reliable and can demonstrate great attention to detail
· GCSE Grade C or above in English Language/Mathematics
· Enthusiastic, able to work on own initiative and resilient
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the overall business objectives and requirements.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment