RD&A Technologist II - Avonmouth | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
RD&A Technologist II
Avonmouth, Bristol, England
Permanent (Full time)
Requisition ID 28189
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
Leading to better encompasses all we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the worlds leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building and manufacturing sustainable solutions for food, beverage or pharmaceutical consumers, our commitment to lead the world to better nutrition drives us forward. With 25,000+ colleagues across the globe and 15,000+ Kerry products, your opportunities are limitless.
More than 25,000 people have careers with Kerry. From Food Science to Manufacturing, our jobs help nourish and delight consumers around the globe. Kerry is committed to leading to better in everything we do. We strive for better taste and nutrition, better sustainability, better career opportunities and ultimately, a better world.
Everyday millions of people throughout the world consume food or beverage products containing our taste and nutrition solutions.
As the world leader in taste and nutrition, our Purpose is to Inspire Food and Nourish Life.
Our Purpose is central to The Kerry Way and serves as our guiding light on our journey to make it easier and more valuable for customers to do business with us, as we seek to make a greater, more lasting difference in the world by inspiring innovative, natural and sustainable taste and nutrition solutions for consumers, customers, the industry and the world.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an RD&A Technologist to join the Kerry team in Bristol,
This is a Permanent Role.
- Manage the designated Development & Application activities related to key allocated projects within Meats. Ensuring that all products developed are appropriate to the specific application and comply with necessary legal and compositional requirements. Manage all projects to assist in achieving the business goals and targets of each account.
- Working in partnership with customers to develop innovative new concepts as well as renovating current products that are tailored to customer’s specific needs demonstrating expertise in the market place, through presentations
- Co-ordinating new launches of new products and runs trials at Kerry manufacturing sites.
- Proactive development in line with Kerry promotional campaigns
- Conducts research for the improvement of existing products and the development of new products, outlining procedures and specifications. Ensures that ingredient functionality into final products fits the purpose of the customer.
- Responsible for product development from initiation to launch, using project management skills to manage workload. Involves all relevant points of contact across other appropriate teams
- Interacts and troubleshoots with customers on application concerns.
- Fosters relationships with peers at key accounts, building the image of the company as a leader in its field. Develops application knowledge within assigned food categories and becomes recognised as a solutions partner by food product developers. Assists customers with technical issues that may arise.
- Ensures applications are acceptable in the regional or global markets where sales are expected, ensuring Safety First, Quality Always.
- Maintain awareness of developments across Kerry and building these into new developments providing USP’s for customers
- Carry out competitor & product awareness analysis – including sensory product evaluations and carrying out own retail reviews as required.
- Develop innovative solutions to help grow customer and Kerry’s market within cost parameters, manufacturing capability whilst ensuring all new products are legal within country of use.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant food industry
- BSc in Food Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge of meat technologies and processing
- Demonstrable experience in customer line support
- Good knowledge food ingredients
- Experience of interfacing with customers
- Competent IT skills
- Self-motivated & organised
- Clear communication skills
- Good understanding of Commercial requirements when developing new concepts
- Strong project management skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to travel to customers or Kerry sites if required
- Competencies Required:
- Communication & knowledge Sharing
- Technical / Functional Excellence
- Innovation & Creativity
- Relationship Building
- Commercial & Market Focus
- Drive and Determination