Collections Advisor - West Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Collections Advisor - Working from Home
West Midlands - This Area Only
21000.0000 - 23000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title:Collections Advisor
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
Job type:Permanent, Full time
About the Company
Igloo Energy is growing rapidly so we're on the lookout for passionate, enthusiastic, and influential people based in the Hampshire and Midlands areas to join our fabulous Collections Team. Our Collections Team is different from other teams, we do things the Igloo Way, we live by our value of Customer First. We have recently been crowned No 1 in Citizens Advice Customer Service Ratings and are rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot, which means the world to us. We put our heart and soul into doing the best for our customers and want you to too!
Igloo HQ is based in sunny Southampton, our Collections Team are dotted around Hampshire and the Midlands. We don't mind where you work from in either of these areas, we want you to work where you feel you perform the best and are the most comfortable. Come join us and help build the Igloo of the future!
What you'll be doing
- Dealing with inbound & outbound calls to secure payment of overdue bills in line with the customers' ability to repay, using the most effective & efficient methods - accurately recording every action taken on the collections system
- Work with our customers, having meaningful, unscripted conversations, gathering information to fully understand our customers' circumstances, showing empathy & sensitivity where required, negotiating payment plans
- Identify payment obstacles promptly and notify the Team Leader in line with set processes to expedite resolution. 'Thinking outside the box' helping to develop & shape the policies & procedures and best practices of the Collections Department including preventative strategies
What We're Looking For
- You'll ideally have experience of debt collection within a regulated environment
- Experience of the energy or utilities industry is a benefit but by no means a deal breaker!
- Strong personal skills and engagement with our customers is the key to success! We will look to you to instil confidence in our customers and ensure that all their questions are answered so you'll also need to have strong decision-making skills
- You will need to be able to deliver solutions in a persuasive way
- You'll need to be able to prioritise and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You will thrive in a fast-paced, changing, scale-up environment, where no two days are the same!
- You will be tech-savvy, think outside the box and always look for efficiencies in everything you do
- What's key for us is that you have an awesome attitude - a caring, friendly, trustworthy, team player, who wants to actively contribute to building a fantastic, caring, and inclusive culture for all
- We are looking for people who genuinely care about helping others, who are passionate about providing a world-class customer experience, and who want to invest in the role and Igloo Energy, in return, we will invest in you
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, hours per week,we believe in work-life balance and the importance of spending quality time with your family and having time to do things you enjoy!
Holiday- You get 33 days inclusive of bank holidays
Development -Customer Service Training Programme to ensure we set you up for success. We are committed to supporting you to reach your potential, our Learning and Development team deliver solutions to drive you and our business forward
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Cover. Weekly online fitness classes and lots more!
Perkbox - 1000's of discounts on well-known brands and lots more!
Pension - We offer a 3% employer contribution on top of your salary from day 1! You will need to pay a 5% contribution, you can opt to pay in more if you like too! You get Life Assurance cover too!
Igloo from Home - we provide you with everything you need to create your very own Igloo workspace, including furniture colour options to match your décor!
Recognition- Each quarter we have Igloo Champions Awards, which are nominated and voted for by our employees for those who have best lived our values. Plus, the extremely prestigious annual Igloo Oscars!
Diversity & Inclusion - We are passionate about contributing towards the energy industry becoming a more diverse place to work. We are committed to building an inclusive, engaging, open and safe environment for everyone
Igloo Life - Regular companywide socials, team events and a variety of weekly activities bought to us by our awesome Social Committee
*What are you waiting for? Click apply today*and you'll go through to our careers page to complete your application
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Debt Collections Advisor, Collections Advisor, Credit Control Assistant, Customer Service, Customer Collections Advisor, Credit Controller may also be considered for this role.