Facilities Project Engineer - Didcot | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Facilities Project Engineer
Didcot, Oxfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Facilities Project Engineer
£50,702 to £56,336 per annum (dependent on skills and experience). A Specialist of Allowance of up to £5000 is also available for this role.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.
From the original vision over 30 years ago, the ISIS pulsed neutron and muon facility has become one of the UK's major scientific achievements; changing the way the world views neutron scattering. None of this could be achieved without significant investment in infrastructure! To support this we are currently seeking to recruit a Facilities Project Engineer.
About this opportunity:
Working with the ISIS Design Division Head, you will be an engineering leader who can lead a small team of engineers, and collaborate closely with the organisation's estates team, to deliver the plant, HVAC, gas systems and civil engineering aspect of our projects to the highest possible standard of safety and performance. We are looking for someone to handle several interfaces such as; design engineers, architects, sub-contractors, and internal partners.
We are looking for someone with:
- A qualification in an engineering subject area with a good level of experience for developing facility estates and plant systems.
- A good fundamental understanding of water plant systems, and some experience in civil engineering and structural issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating closely with other teams across our organisation.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Developing and documenting requirements.
- Coordinating design information.
- Leading the in-house design of water plant and HVAC and gas systems.
- Procurement activities and project management.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance!
We will ensure, where possible, that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
Closing Date: 25th July 2021