Boiler House Operator - Barrow in Furness | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Boiler House Operator
Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, England
£24000 - £28000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Boiler House Operator to join the team located in Barrow.
The post holder will work as part of a small team working day shift with 1 week in 3 call out, and will be responsible for flexibly operating and maintaining the Steam generating boiler plant and ancillary equipment in line with site requirements and site procedures, as well as maintaining compliance with statutory health, safety and environmental provisions.
* Carrying out plant-related routine duties to ensure plant performance, availability and reliability is maintained to a high level
* Application of safe systems of work
* Plant & control system first line fault diagnosis and reporting
* Application of operational, maintenance and safety systems and documentation for the plant incorporating relevant company standards
* Assisting on projects and outage preparation
* General operation and maintenance of plant
* Responsibility for following site documentation, procedures and assisting with the review of the documents
* Liaising with internal and external customers
* Maintain professional attitude, an appropriate level of communication and courteous behaviour to all colleagues, host site personnel, contractors, and visitors
* Follow the company procedures and standards as expressed in the Company Handbook
* Apprentice trained Craft and time served in the relevant trade discipline
* ONC/C&G or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
* Operating the plant to ensure compliance with appropriate safety and environmental standards, and statutory requirements including BG01, BG04, PSSR etc
* Experience of diagnosis and repair of failures, routine maintenance and experience of instrumentation
* Must recognise and promote the importance of adhering to site Health & Safety regulations
* Knowledge of Steam boiler water treatment
* Knowledge of rotating plant
* Management of Contractors