Healthcare Assistant - Launceston | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Launceston, Cornwall, England
£8.95 - £10.10/hour
Permanent (Full time)
* Up to 39 hours per week
* Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
We are the largest care provider in Cornwall. We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, giving practical assistance for all types of care.
"We believe in going above and beyond offering high-quality care, going that extra mile to improve lives every day."
As a Healthcare Assistant for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Cedar Grange Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
Sat high on a hill, with its far-reaching views Cedar Grange possibly takes the title for our most spectacular setting. But the appeal doesn’t end there; with a reputation to match, it’s known for being a wonderful place to work.
With 60 beds split across different specialist units, this is our largest nursing home. Here we support residents with varying needs, including mixed levels of dementia through to challenging behaviour. Our team is built on dedication and kindness; qualities which we truly value –if those are your own values, you’ll be a great fit.
What you’ll do:
* Assist and enable a client with their personal care needs
* Assist and enable a client with eating and drinking
* Follow, regularly keep up-to-date and understand the person’s plan of care and risk assessments.
* Respect the dignity of each person in your care both by word and action
* Develop relationships with each person in your care
What you’ll need:
* At Level 1, you need no professional qualifications.
* At Level 2, you will have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care.
* Good standard of literacy and numeracy
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent Communication skills
What you’ll receive:
Our hourly rates are broken down as below:
* Level 1 -£ (day shifts), £(night shifts)
* Level 2 -£(day shifts), £(night shifts)
* You’ll also receive improved rates for weekend working and every other weekend off.
* You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local supplier and discounted gym memberships.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. We have HCA Levels 1-4, and being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county. Our brilliant Care Academy, in partnership with Cornwall College, gives you accessto free courses and qualifications – from improving your basics like maths, English and computer skills, to apprenticeships and industry-recognised Diplomas. The Cornwall Care world is your oyster