Meat Counter Assistant - Ormskirk | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Meat Counter Assistant
Ormskirk, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Meat Counter Assistant
An exciting position has become available for a part-time Meat Counter Assistant based in Ormskirk. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary depending on their experience.
As a Counter Assistant you will be at the forefront of our stores driving customer service. You will be expected to provide fresh, healthy and cost effective food to our customers to a high and consistent standard. It is your role to provide help and assistance to the customers and ensure they find everything they need whilst they are in our store. Product knowledge is essential for you to respond to customer enquiries and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Product Knowledge is essential
- Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public
- To be enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated
- Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- To be able to work as part of a team but also on their own initiative
- Previous experience in retail is preferred but not essential
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or level 4 (or equivalent)
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred but not essential
- Food preparation
- Date Coding
- Temperature Checks
- Maximise sales by delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain stock levels in the butcher counter
- Till operation and cash handling
- Maintaining security within the store according to Company procedures
- Ensuring that all store standards including customer service, health and safety, and food and hygiene are maintained
- General cleaning duties
Our client traces their roots back to 1863 when their founder opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. This group of companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. They believe that their success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of their employees.
Why should you apply?
- Occupational pension scheme
- Life insurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- SPAR discount scheme
- Annual loyalty bonus scheme
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Paid leave in the event of a family bereavement
- Enhanced Christmas day rate of pay
- Christmas gift
- Training and development
- Apprenticeship opportunities
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
*Keywords:*Meat Counter Assistant, Food Preparation, Counter Assistant, Customer Facing, Till Operation, Cash Handling, Customer Service, Health and Safety, Food and Hygiene