Analyst - Ipswich | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Analyst, Global Trade Bureau - Indirect Tax, Tax Consulting, Fixed Term Contract or Permanent
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
Deloitte has the largest Indirect Tax Group in the UK, and is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with.
This is a position with Deloitte’s rapidly expanding Global Trade practice, providing tailored logistics and supply chain management solutions to our clients. These solutions cover the breadth of logistics network from planning and sourcing to assembly, storage and distribution. We provide operational, infrastructural and advisory support to our clients to give them a holistic, customs service & offer our employees a changing, varied position.
The current environment is an exciting one for Global Trade Bureau with new EU legislation introduced in 2016 and expected changes in customs requirements for businesses importing/exporting goods to and from the UK at the end of the Brexit transition period. Within the UK we have a team that works within the UK Indirect Tax practice in addition to being part of an EMEA wide Centre of Excellence for Global Trade Advisory.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Working on a number of client engagements including client liaison and contact in addition to:
- Allocation of Unique Consignment References (UCR) for shipments of goods to client customs brokers, collecting all relevant information and maintenance of UCR portal
- Ensuring all documentation is received with 48 hours of issue of UCR and recording results
- Updating job files as per work instructions and entering data accurately into our customs reporting systems
- Checking all information available to process and submit declarations to HMRC
- Creating, processing and submitting customs declarations to HMRC
- Contacting clients to confirm information or chase missing documentation / data
- Liaising with clients and HMRC to resolve any declaration related issues.
- Running and delivering management reports as agreed in standard operating procedures
- Using electronic filing software to maintain filing and archiving
- Responsible for adhering to company policy and industry legislation on customs
- Cross checking work carried out by others in the team (peer reviews)
- Maintaining and complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Ipswich with flexibility to work from home subject to business requirements
Work pattern: This is a permanent or fixed term contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate."
Your professional experience
- Able to demonstrate an experience or customer/client management skills
- Can evidence strong skills in time and resource management
- Experience of customs/international trade is helpful but not required
- Experience of working effectively and efficiently with MS Office
- Attention to detail is important in this role
Your service line: Tax
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it’s all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You’ll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you’ll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.