Advanced Nurse Clinical Practitioner - Winchester | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Advanced Nurse Clinical Practitioner
Winchester, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an Advanced Clinical Practitioner who wants to make a real difference? Tired of the old way of working? We are seeking Advanced Clinical Practitioners to join us in our Out of Hours service.
We are ideally seeking candidates who would like to be contracted for hours each week (full time or part time).
As an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, working as part of a team you will provide an efficient integrated urgent care service to our patients with a caring and respectful disposition. Working independently via telephone, through face to face consultations or home visits, you will be accountable for delivering safe, clinical decision-making and expert care to a high standard. Acting within your professional boundaries, your duties will include all (or part) of the patient journey including initial history taking; clinical assessment; diagnosis; treatment; prescribing and evaluation of their care.
Advanced Clinical Practitioners Key Responsibilities
* Through telephone clinical assessment, obtain a relevant and sequential history of the presenting complaint to determine a working diagnosis.
* Assess undifferentiated patients with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions. Take history, make appropriate physical examinations, formulate differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans when working in a clinic or home visit environment.
* Prescribe medication as required within your clinical competence.
* Recognise the need and initiate emergency treatment in order to save life or to safeguard the interests of the patient and refer to emergency services when appropriate
* Refer and facilitate patient pathways through appropriate referrals to primary, community, secondary and tertiary care for planned care patients such as 2 week wait, urgent and routine referrals to specialities.
Advanced Clinical Practitioners Key Skills and Experience
* Knowledge of Primary Care referral pathways such as 2ww rules
* Registered with NMC/HCPC
* 3 years’ experience working in a primary care GP practice
* 3 years’ experience in an urgent care setting such as walk in centre
* At least 5 years year’s post qualified
* You must be competent at taking a clinical history face to face and on the telephone, excluding red flags and undertake a physical examination of the patient for patients presenting with undifferentiated conditions
* Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary Care presentations
* Be able to clear an enhanced DBS check and be authorised to work in the EEC
* Rates on this advert are based on a full-time basis plus enhancements for unsociable hours