First Line Manager - Northampton | Zoek UK | b2e8f92e87714f7b92d7900c547ef9bc
First Line Manager- Warehouse Division
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£13.46 - 13.46 per hour
Temporary (Full time)
First Line Manager - Warehouse Division
To effectively manage the day to day running of the warehouse operation by ensuring;
- Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards.
- Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards
- To promote Health & Safety awareness within the warehouse
06:00-18:00 / 18:00 - 06:00 4 On 4 Off
Responsibilities and Objectives:
To ensure Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards by:
- Managing communication between the site and warehouse staff. Direct liaison with customers and suppliers when authorised.
- To ensure all Mechanical Handling Equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and Pre-Use checks are completed prior to use and paperwork is completed and filed in a professional and timely manner.
- To ensure all defects with regard to plant and equipment are reported in accordance with Company Procedures and VOR equipment is suitably locked/signed to prevent use
- To indentify training needs within the warehouse team.
- Supporting Site Management in maintaining third party quality accreditation
Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards by;
- To manage/supervise the unloading, storage and loading of pallets ensuring that operational procedures are followed.
- The reporting, handling and storage of returned, quarantined and damaged pallets
- To carry out daily checks in and around the warehouse (Battery Bay, MHE, Racking, Docks, Doors, Lights, Fabrication) and report issues accordingly.
- To manage/supervise warehouse staff attendance and breaks, ensuring issues are reported to Site Management
- Ensuring all Disciplinary and Grievance matters are reported in accordance with Company Processes.
To promote Health & Safety awareness within the warehouse by:
- To ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors within the warehouse area.
- To report any breaches of Health & Safety to Site Management immediately.
- To report any accident, incident or near-miss immediately through RIVO, and carry out/assist in any investigations which may be required.
- To promote the Clean as You Go Policy and ensure site hygiene standards and records are maintained.
- Ensuring new staff are inducted in accordance with Company processes and do not operate equipment until trained and authorised.
- Championing Health, Safety & Quality standards on site
- Appropriate MHE Licence
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- ESL Accident Investigation Training
- IT Literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Key ESL Systems
2 Years experience of experience preferably within a Distribution Operation
- Must have WMS (warehouse management system) experience
- Proven record in a similar role external to ESL
- Demonstrable organisational skills
For further information on the job role please call#########
Or Click Apply now