Buyer - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | Zoek UK | b30ff8
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
The sourcing team within a global organisation is looking for a buyer to join their team. You will be liaising with and supporting stakeholders on a daily basis within a large global organisation which is a household name. There is excellent career progression opportunities and you will have the opportunity to work with an international team.
The Sourcing Operations function is key in the organisations structure as it is the core of the business in the company. The Buyers are responsible for running end to end tenders and negotiations for a specific procurement category. As a key member of the team, the Buyer works alongside the Category Manager and a team of Senior Buyers to deliver the strategy defined for each negotiation as part of the category procurement plan, while managing stakeholders and requirements.
- Conduct market and spend analysis for the category, monitoring latest trends to optimise costs
- Support the Category Manager in the definition and execution of strategies for the different spend areas
- Coordinating and delivering multiple tenders and negotiations for the category, drafting and issuing RFX documentation, completing offer analysis, negotiating contractual and commercial terms and preparing recommendations for the client. Supporting the client with the review and definition of RFP specifications, recommending best commercial approach to deliver best value and savings
- Support and advise the client in supplier selection criteria, ensuring transparency of procurement process at all times
- Managing stakeholders across the organisation
- Document results and report status and progress of negotiations.
- Complete legal contracts using predefined templates. Negotiate commercial terms and liaise with Legal Department as necessary.
- Ensure compliance of own projects with defined policies, processes and procedures
- Identify and anticipate issues in the execution of the negotiations, propose and implement solutions, escalate as required
- Report all negotiations in SAP-Ariba, ensuring data quality at all times
- Responsible for NPS survey results of own negotiations delivered
- Participate in internal company continuous improvement projects and initiatives, including internal training initiatives and supplier forums
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience in similar roles, with at least 2 years' experience in sourcing the category. Candidate must demonstrate high level of understanding of category spend, cost management, strategic sourcing, supplier negotiation, supplier management, online auctions
- Additional professional qualifications (. MCIPS) and/or an MBA or MA and project management qualification is desirable.
- Experience in process improvement and / or systems implementation in the procurement space is desirable
- Ability to work well in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Solid organisational skills; can manage multiple & competing priorities while achieving results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels in a large corporate environment
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and procurement systems such as SAP and Ariba required
- English level must be fluent and fluency in at least other European language will be considered an advantage
- To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK