Business Analyst - Preston | Zoek UK | b3347c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Preston, Lancashire, England
Fixed Term Contract 12 months
LPPA is an award-winning pension administration business that supports our clients and members with the administration of Local Government, Police and Fire pension schemes. We are currently implementing a new pension administration system and require a skilled Business Analyst to support us with this critical project.
This includes driving technological change and business improvement by documenting, understanding and challenging key processes and delivering change. Gaining an in-depth understanding of the business strategy, end-to-end business processes, services provided to clients, employers and members, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to capturing the business requirements needed to deliver system changes, address business challenges, drive operational efficiencies and proactively manage risk and provide critical support to successfully test and ultimately implement a new system across the organisation.
- Support the pensions administration business in readiness of the implementation of a new pensions administration system
- Support the Business change roadmap in producing clear business and system requirements, user stories, process maps, test & project plans
- Identify, manage and deliver process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design, focusing on quality improvement and operational efficiency
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognising and capitalising on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organisational changes and new responsibilities
- Be the interface between the business, IT and external suppliers, translating business requirements into functional specifications. Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, and work with IT, the business & our suppliers to ensure testing of the solution is robust and thorough prior to release
- Pro-actively identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive)
- Ability to analyse and synthesise business requirements, including recognising patterns in data and conceptualising processes
- Understand and negotiate the needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Support system conversions, upgrades, and enhancements
- Support business continuity planning
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
- Prepare clear and timely management information reporting to relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- A proactive, self-motivated team player who can work independently with minimal supervision, manage a high personal workload with multiple deadlines and continually strive for improvements in quality, efficiency and presentation
- Must have relevant experience of working in a senior business analysis role and demonstrate the successful delivery of large projects as well as day-to-day operational requests from the business. Experience of implementing new systems and data migration is essential
- Highly developed problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to present reasoned and convincing arguments to support and/or challenge a proposal
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT or any related field
- Excellent level of numerical, analytical, ICT, and report writing skills to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Access is advantageous
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Experience of working in Pension Administration would be desirable, although not essential. Knowledge of working in the public sector is preferred but not essential
The salary for this contract is up to £50,000 per annum dependant on experience.
We offer 27 days holiday (plus bank holiday), a 37 hour working week and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.