Development - South West England - This Area Only | Zoek UK | b4e3d4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Development Acquisitions Surveyor
South West England - This Area Only
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Development Acquisition Surveyor
Allen & York are working exclusively with Hall & Woodhouse, a leading Dorset employer, who have a strong pub operating and brewing heritage dating back to 1777. They remain an independent family business as they head towards their 250-year anniversary. Allen & York are proud to be working with Hall & Woodhouse in their recruitment of a Development Acquisition Surveyor.
As well as producing award winning Badger Ales and Rio, Hall & Woodhouse operate an estate of circa. 200 public houses, a large brewery facility and stylish offices. Hall & Woodhouse's family legacy has positively influenced their ways of working both internally and externally, and has shaped the ADIKT values to which their team aspire:
- Ambition: Developing ourselves, others and H&W
· Dedication: We will strive to be brilliant at what we do
· Integrity: We do the right thing
· Kindness: Making people's day
· Teamwork: Working as a team to get things done…and have fun!
Hall & Woodhouse is aiming to expand its estate of pubs and inns significantly over the next few years. Are you the Acquisition Surveyor that will be able to play a key role in helping them achieve this? Acquisitions are a fundamental part of Hall & Woodhouse's long term growth strategy, with a particular focus on new-build pubs.
Reporting to the Property & Legal Director, and working within the Property department, there is a requirement for 2 Acquisitions Surveyors to join the team. In the role of the Development Acquisition Surveyor your role will include:
- Site finding:
- Building and maintaining networks of landowners, developers, councils, consultants and agents to identity and secure site opportunities;
- Using H&W's existing leads and processes for site identification, keeping these processes up to date, and seeking ways to supplement and improve these over time. This will include desktop reviews of target areas (. of Local Plans) to identify and track existing and emerging site opportunities;
- Prioritising target areas and establishing a detailed knowledge of these areas to help identify site opportunities;
- Making pro-active approaches to unlock acquisition opportunities;
- Site visits and meetings;
- Surveying and appraising sites.
- Assisting the Property & Legal Director and Property team with the negotiation of Heads of Terms for acquisitions, and the progress and successful conclusion of legals to acquire sites. It is important that the deal is not just the right one for H&W - on competitive terms - but that it is achieved in the right way, in line with our company values.
- Assisting the Property & Legal Director, Property team and external advisors to obtain any necessary planning (and other) permissions for a site. This will include liaising with local authorities and other relevant bodies, and supporting the submission and progress of planning applications, including attendance at planning committee meetings if needed.
- Managing relations with key external consultants.
- Carrying out any administrative tasks necessary for the role
Ideally you will have 1-2 years post qualification experience acquisitions generally, ideally in the pub/restaurant industry, any experience in valuation of commercial property would be beneficial, but not essential for this role.
You will draw on your previous experience to assess sites, and identify potential risks and issues, taking a commercial, problem-solving approach with a pragmatic and commercial with a "can do" attitude you will use your ability to influence, negotiate, and persuade both internal and external stakeholders to aid Hall & Woodhouse in delivering their goal of new build opportunities.
This role is a flexible, field-based role with a focus on the south of England. Some attendance at the Brewery in Dorset will be required. It is expected that the role will involve significant amounts of time on the road, and with site visits and site meetings.
Every individual plays a vital role at Hall & Woodhouse, if you want to be a part of the Hall & Woodhouse family, keen to develop your career in Acquisition Surveying and looking for a new challenge then please apply
In return you will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience, plus car allowance, attractive benefits package and bonus scheme.
For an informal chat about this role please call Spencer on######### Ext:256 or email scooney######-
For over 28 years ALLEN & YORK have developed collaborative recruitment partnerships with companies across the UK and internationally.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...