Environmental Engineering Officer
Dungannon, Mid Ulster, Northern Ireland
Unspecified (Full time)
*Working closely with our Site Engineering & Operational Management Teams, you will be a key member of the Health, Safety & Environmental team; an ambitious, driven and innovative division of the business, driving and promoting the Health, Safety, Environmental, Energy and Sustainability agenda across the NI business with a focus on compliance and culture, while providing support to the HS&E Manager and coaching and guidance for managers and colleagues on a wide range of Environmental compliance, engineering and energy related matters.*
· As the Environmental Engineering Officer on site, you will provide professional assistance and advice on all matters relating to environmental and energy legislation within the industry sector, with guidance from the Divisional Health & Safety and Environmental Manager and Group Environmental & Engineering Teams.
· Actively support the site management teams to meet Environmental and Energy KPI’s and targets, compiling weekly and monthly reports, with a focus on root cause, corrective action and continuous improvement
· Supporting the site functional teams in conducting regular meetings, detailed Incident Investigations, proactive pollution prevention and coordinate close outs. Coordinating and attending daily and weekly site walks.
· Implementation of natural resource efficiency campaigns and initiatives to reduce environmental / energy impact.
· Investigate and research viable opportunities to improve regulatory compliance and the sites ways of working to reduce environmental impacts with a focus on cost saving.
· Use and assist in the development of appropriate systems to underpin the Environmental and Efficiency strategy.
· Researching new innovative technology and solutions which will improve natural resource efficiency
· Complete feasibility studies with cost benefit for potential investment projects, playing a key role in the planning implementation and delivery of any resulting projects
· Working closely with financial controllers on the expenditure of related works and projects, to ensure contracts or purchases are negotiated to best possible price and identify opportunities for grant assistance and secure grant aid.
· Assistance in ensuring the site meets its obligations under environmental legislation and regulations, including but not limited to Packaging Waste Regs; Climate Change Levy; IPPC.
· Establishment and implementation of effective environmental management and monitoring systems to ensure environmental compliance. Such systems to be developed based on ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 and include implementation of an internal audit function for the Management System.
· Complete environmental impact assessments for major pollution sources & check mitigations are implemented.
· Assist in the implementation of Best Available Techniques (BAT) is used for the continual development and improvement of the business, where practicable.
· Assist in delivery of a training programme for the site environmental teams
· Actively assist in the Monitoring of Contractors on site and the Control of the Permit to Work Systems
· Monitor emergency procedures, to assist in business continuity and interruption management
· Providing Environmental and Energy Leadership to the site teams by supporting, guiding and behaving in a way that leads by example
· Support the HSE Manager by facilitating site committee meetings, providing statistical information and advice on matters raised pertaining to the environment and energy, communicating effectively to all colleagues.
· Maintenance and updating of documented management systems, ensuring availability and presentation logically and organised for inspection (by external auditors, NIEA or HSENI /Fire authority or NIW)
· Attending and supporting HSE Team during external ethical or ISO audits (ISO14001,######### or other customer specific audits as required
· Managing Waste Contractors, Water, Odour, Noise and ETP (activated sludge wwtp’s) and their operation and any other environmental testing as required an understanding
· Providing administrative support to the HSE Teams on all the above as required
* Industry Recognised Env/ Energy and/or Engineering Qualification
* Project Management, experience of delivering projects to planned outcomes
* Teamwork & Initiative – able to work in a team to drive performance
* Organisational Skills; able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
* Experience of ISO45001, ISO14001, ISO50001
* Experience of SWA, SMETA Ethical Standards
* Experience of CI & Lean Techniques
* Membership of EMEA, CIOSH, CIEW
* Experience of managing budgets
* Working knowledge and understanding of an activated sludge WWTP’s and their operation would be advantageous
*All applicants must be flexible to meet the demands of the business.*
Reference ID: EEO1121
Application deadline: 31/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Discounted or free food
* On-site parking
* Referral programme
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday