Production First Line Manager
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Warehouse Team Leader
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Location: Holme House Prison, Stockton on Tees
Work pattern: Monday to Friday
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Working in a prison environment you will be managing a team of prisoners as appropriate by ensuring that each team member has the skill required to carry out their job role.
- Assist in co-ordinating your team to accomplish the weekly processing, picking, packing, and the dispatch of orders to prisoners, ensuring high levels of accuracy.
- Comply with all Prison Service regulations, including security.
- Providing leadership & motivation to a team of prisoners.
- Working towards and exceeding strict delivery targets, reporting back to Warehouse Management regarding area/team performance
- Completing all relevant paperwork to a high standard, taking accountability for team area.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- The ability to work in a pressured and confined environment.
- Ability to deliver a consistent and high level of service
- A full security clearance disclosure required including criminal records check (provided by DHL)
- Calm and professional manner, coupled with strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondment opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organization.