Data Engineer - Acle | Zoek UK | b9e788
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Acle, Norfolk, England
Permanent (Full time)
Croud is a highly successful, continually fast-growing agency with ambitious plans for the future. We have a unique business model , which makes things different and exciting; and a brilliant, positive culture. It’s a fantastic place to work. Croud was also recently named Campaign's Global Performance Marketing Agency of the Year .
We are investing in Data Solutions as a strategic priority. The team brings together a number of capabilities that sit within different parts of Croud, into one unit that will drive cutting edge development in a number of critical areas for the business.
The role sits in the newly created Data Science & Tools team within this department, reporting to Head of Data Science & Tools. The team’s remit is to drive innovation & revenue in two ways: develop & deliver revenue-driving/client-facing data science & engineering solutions and internal tools used within the agency.
The right hire will share Croud’s values:
- Passion: loving what you do and being driven to excel with each new project
- Imagination: meeting challenges creatively and ready to try new ideas
- Integrity: accountable and always excellent to one another
The role of the Data Engineer, in Croud’s Data Science & Tools team, will be dual-purposed:(a) solving & delivering professional data integration, warehousing and engineering services for clients to enable activation, measurement & insights, and (b) developing internal tools to unlock further client revenue potential.
The Data Engineer is accountable for the successful and efficient implementation of Croud’s data science and engineering client projects and internal tool development, which involves the following areas:
- Data Integration, warehousing & engineering:
- Solution-design the data integration architecture and ETL pipeline based on client / internal project requirements:
- Typically, the requirements include bringing together multiple data sources (typically client’s first-party data with ad platforms such as Google Ads, Google Search Ads 360, DV360, Campaign Manager, Google Analytics and Facebook Ads) in a central data warehouse with an automated ETL pipeline
- Sometimes this includes additional handlers in the pipeline which deploy statistical / machine learning models. These are developed by data scientists on the team. The post holder will have exposure to such work, and even opportunities to work on them if their interests, capabilities and client workload allow
- On the other hand, the post holder will sometimes work with tools which have a graphical user-interface, requiring therefore little programming knowledge
- In general, we will strike a balance between such “easy” or “legacy” projects with more intellectually challenging ones (such as developing internal tools)
- Get under the skin of the data and systems required for the solution through working closely with the clients or client teams directly
- Work closely with the data engineers and data scientists in our team to ensure the solution is fit for purpose, and that they can develop relevant components accordingly
- Lead on the delivery, drawing from your own programming expertise or from more senior members of the team where relevant
- Assure the quality of implemented data science and data engineering solutions (. “QAing” them as they’re rolled out)
- Put in place logging & monitoring for quality KPIs and alerts for bugs
- Maintain solution on an ongoing basis such as debugging, and bringing in additional senior help where needed
- Communicating the operation and results of these solutions to internal teams and clients to get feedback and ensure work is delivered per expectations.
- For solutions that are deemed to have significant client potential, the postholder will also have to opportunity to productionise the solution, with the support of more senior members of the team.
- Contributing to new business and cross-sell proposals, especially with detail about the implementation work in proposed projects, and with estimations of the time and effort needed, which will contribute to the commercial element of a proposal
Key performance indicators include the timeliness with which projects are delivered, their profitability, client satisfaction (one recurring measure of which is client Net Promoter Score), and quality of work (whether the solution is fit for purpose and to the required standard)
Good python and SQL skills, including:
Demonstrable experience in data integration, in particular using APIs of digital advertising platforms
Developing and maintaining ETL pipelines
Curating databases or even data warehouses
Basic front-end development using open source frameworks such as Flask (. sleek UX/look & feel aren’t necessary. Such front-end dev is typically required for internal tools)
Experience in unit testing, producing clean/maintainable code and other software engineering best practices
Experience working with cloud computing platforms, Google Cloud Platform being highly desirable
An ability to communicate clearly and effectively about technical topics with very varied types of stakeholders, from client CMOs to software engineers
Productionising software applications, experience with Docker
Experience working with software engineers, agile development, and software development lifecycles
Experience with data science for statistical / machine learning models
Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
On completion of the three month probation period every employee is eligible for the benefits listed on our careers site which include:
- 25 days holiday a year
- Annual performance bonus
- Sale commission
- Recruitment referrals bonus
- Gym membership contributions
- Ride to Work scheme
- Rail card
- Season Ticket loan
- Free fruit, breakfast cereals and tea & coffee
- Free home office chair and screen
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life and income protection
- Medical cash plan
- Share option scheme
- Agile Working Policy
Standard hours are from to , there’s flexibility if agreed in advance with your line managers (it may also be necessary on occasions to work outside of these hours).
Croud operates a hybrid working model with a minimum of 2 days a week based in our London office and the remaining days from home if you wish.
Croud is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications and their ability to perform the requirements of the role.