Senior Civil Engineer - Nottingham | Zoek UK | bb14bb
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Civil Engineer - Transport & Infrastructure
Up to £52000 per annum
About the role
Our client has exciting opportunities for a Senior Civil Engineer to work in their Transport & Infrastructure Group. The role will be working with the Civil Engineering Design Development team in the Nottingham office.
The team delivers a wide variety of consultancy services to a large client base, both local and national. The Transport & Infrastructure Design Service are responsible for providing a number of engineering services across multiple sectors, at all stages of our client's project, from inception through to commissioning.
Working on challenging and multiple projects simultaneously, you will have extensive experience undertaking preliminary and detailed design of roads, levels, drainage and external works in both the public (adoptable) and private realm.
You will have a keen interest in developing your understanding and ability in civil engineering design and a willingness to research and take on new challenges. You will be able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team.
You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion. You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and an understanding about other discipline roles on projects.
You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry - our clients include developers, local authorities and contractors, all of whom have different expectations and requirements from you and the projects you will work on.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Experience liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients.
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
What they can offer you
- A competitive Salary - they benchmark all salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday - 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme - they will pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don't wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years' service.
- Superb training - bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription - they will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund - they will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus - bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing their people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work - Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through the scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- paid days for STEM activity
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...