Applications Engineer - | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Applications Engineer - M&E
Work From Home
Basic Salary : £35-40k + Up to 35% Annual Bonus + Company Car / Allowance + 4 x Salary Life Assurance + 25 Days Holiday Allowance
Permanent (Full time)
A newly created opportunity for an Applications Engineer to progress into a Sales Engineer / Sales Manager in a fast-growing business unit within a global HVAC manufacturer. You will be joining our specialist team who manage the fire safety products and life safety systems for large scale, high value residential and commercial buildings in the UK. If you are looking for a career move, this is certainly a chance to become a product and fire safety expert within an area of design and construction that is heavily regulated and designed to save lives.
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
· Up to 35% Annual Bonus
· Company Car or Car Allowance
· 4 x Salary Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday Allowance
· Working from home with visits to site projects and regional offices
LOCATION: South Region - working from home with visits to sites and regional offices
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Hemel Hempstead, Hereford, Colchester, Reading, Slough, Maidenhead, Farnborough, Southampton, Exeter, Bristol, Swindon, Portsmouth,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Applications Engineer - M&E
We sit in a niche market designing, manufacturing and installing fire safety products and turnkey systems for the M&E sector. You will learn to manage the entire sales process from validating enquiries for specification to tenders / quotes and delivering confirmed orders to the contracts team.
Enquiries and demand for our highly regarded product range and systems are growing quicker than we can accommodate, so you will make an instant difference to our sales function.
The key responsibilities of our Applications Engineer will be:
· To generate design proposals and quotations for our fire safety products and systems for Mechanical and Electrical Consultants, Contractors, Developers and Local Authorities.
· To become a Product & System expert within the industry and provide accurate technical advice to our customers and internal teams to ensure our products and systems are included in specifications.
· To deliver timely and accurate orders to contract departments, detailing full requirements of turnkey projects and budget while maintaining the agreed minimum gross margin.
· To manage and record details of the quotations and ordering process across our businesses systems.
· To establish and retain strong business relationships with existing and new customers across the M&E Contractors and Developers.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Applications Engineer - M&E
You will have the following skills and experience alongside an engineering qualification, either mechanical or electrical.
· You will have the passion to develop your commercial sales career with the desire to become a specialist technical expert of life safety applications for multi dwellings, car parks and commercial developments.
· Demonstrate strong communication skills both written and verbal. Be able to communicate with confidence to leading architects, consultants and contractors.
· Be a competent IT user across MS packages, mainly excel plus can use CAD and can read CAD drawings.
· Have the ability to work under pressure and organise daily workload while working un-supervised and at times from home.
We are a market leader for indoor air technology solutions used in critical commercial applications globally. As a business we encourage development and opportunity. Every project you oversee will be dissimilar and have its own challenges making your day to day of working life rewarding and satisfying.
Our niche fire safety division is growing at a rapid rate which will give you realistic career opportunities to move into an external sales engineering role.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Fire Safety Applications Engineer, Applications Engineer M&E, Applications Engineer MEP, OEM Applications Engineer, Presales Engineer, Fire Safety Consultant, Fire Safety Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Sales Engineer - M&E Project Management, Mechanical Industries, HVAC, Industrial Applications, Industrial Infrastructure, Construction, Contract Management, Developments,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: KA16351, Wallace Hind Selection