Senior Statistician - Melton Mowbray | Zoek UK | bd6c39
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, England
The WALTHAM Centre for Pet Nutrition is our client's fundamental science centre that drives quality and innovation for their global brands in pet nutrition, pet health and pet care. They follow a scientific and data-driven approach based on experimental data generated at WALTHAM, and on big data from genetic testing, activity monitors and electronic health records. Mining these connected data sets with advance analytical methods allows them to generate new insights giving our Client a competitive advantage and helping them to make a better world for pets.
Duration: 2 year Assignment
Pay rate: £ per hour (currently under review)
Hours per week:
Currently working from home due to Covid
The statistician position is embedded in the data analytics team of WALTHAM's research organisation. The main task is to perform experimental design and data analysis tasks for experimental research projects. We expect the role holder to help shape research projects together with stakeholders across the business and to communicate on progress and results. In addition, we expect the job holder to advocate for data-driven research, to be independent, to work at high level of quality. Example projects include developing new flavour solutions and understanding the impact of phosphorous on cat health. To do this effectively will require an understanding of the WALTHAM and the Company's Petcare R&D plan and vision, and regular interaction with our stakeholders, as well as strong leadership. The nature of the job demands that the statistician should be able to communicate technical information at an appropriate level to associates with a wide range of prior knowledge and ability. Therefore, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
The statistician ensures that the statistical aspects of scientific research projects across the Petcare ecosystem are done with quality. He/she designs experiments in a way that resources are optimally used, and ethical standards are met. He/she also analyses experimental data to deliver reports that are the basis for scientific reports, publications and patents. This contributes to scientific insights and product innovation. Finally, he/she peer-reviews scientific work and communications from different stakeholders across the Petcare ecosystem to guarantee quality and corporate reputation.
- Perform experimental design and statistical analysis work for experimental scientific research studies. Report clearly and communicate results to scientists and other stakeholders. Peer-review scientific work for a diversity of stakeholders using a rigorous quality standard.
- Train and educate the research team on statistical methodologies to instil a culture of formal
- and objective experimental science work.
- Advocate the purpose of data-driven research and work to high scientific standards.
- A PhD or Masters' degree with equivalent relevant experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Expert knowledge of experimental design and statistical data analytics methods and their practical applications.
- Expert knowledge of R and experience of sample size calculation.
- Communicate complex technical information verbally and through written materials, to a variety of audiences.
- Execute a variety of projects through excellent technical planning and influencing skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser candidate-privacy