Maintenance Assistant - Northampton | Zoek UK | be6139
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
£9.50 - £10.45/hour 28 days holiday
Unspecified (Full time)
We are looking for reliable candidates to be accountable to the Maintenance Supervisor and assist the Maintenance Technician in daily maintenance tasks including Emergency Lighting and Fire Alarm Testing. Will need to undertake additional works to include minor repairs or maintenance whilst working under the supervision of either the Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Emergency Light Testing.
- Daily Fire Alarm Testing.
- Report significant findings to the Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain estates records.
- Undertake minor repairs.
- Inspect plant rooms and keep clear of all waste and rubbish.
- Able to follow work instructions and work from local drawings.
- Work with Estates Maintenance Technicians.
- Undertake all works safely, following directions and within the limits of any risk assessment..
- Be aware of site asbestos limitations and site risks and hazard..
- Attend specific training as required.
- Ensure Trust policies, procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to for Estates related works in accordance with statutory requirements, NHS Technical Memoranda and the Trust's Health and Safety policy.
- Assist in maintaining the statutory and general records of engineering plant and services in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and all other associated acts and regulations.
- Ensure the requirements of the Health and Safety At Work Act 1974, the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Trust's policies in this regard are followed.
Knowledge & Experience Required;
Previous experience working in a maintenance position.
- Understanding of Emergency Light Testing Requirements and Fire Alarm Testing.
- Knowledge and understanding of building services systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety.
If you are interested, please apply with an up-to-date CV