Assistant Finance Manager
Darlington - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Transport Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking an exciting and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team who work together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Effectively and continuously manage all aspects of the depots Transport function, with close scrutiny applied to compliance and an overview of the warehouse function
- The role will also be the O Licence holder for the site.
- Following company best practice to ensure that all drivers are compliant with respect to current EU driver hour legislation, Working Time Directive regulations, Infringements, tachographs, speed Limits and load security.
- Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both external/internal customers
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- CPC International - ESSENTIAL
- Previous experience of managing a team in a FMCG multi-drop transport operation
- Budget management and cost control
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing actions are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.