(426jc) Engineering Manager
£28000 to £32000 per annum
Engineering Manager (426jc) Spetisbury, Dorset - £28-32k
My client is a specialist dealership in Forklift Trucks and other aligned equipment and are now seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager to join them in this exciting period.
They are part of a larger group and have been set up for the sale of used equipment from their parent company was well as other sources and have achieved excellent sales already and are now seeking an Engineering Manager to join their team.
You will be reporting to the Company Director and your role will be to prepare equipment for sale or hire and at the same time managing the workshop and general engineering side of the operation and you will be responsible for 2 part time employees.
So, your main purpose will be to prepare pre-owned equipment for sale or hire.
Therefore, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare equipment so it is in an agreed (agreed with the Director/Salesperson) mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and cosmetic condition.
- Load and unload lorries
- Oversee parts and consumables stock management.
- Manage all workshop jobs including liaising with other workshop personnel, sub-contractors, the sales and finance functions, suppliers and customers.
- Maintain careful management of job cards to ensure correct prioritisation.
- Maintain cost control on jobs observing hours and costs being allocated to jobs to ensure they remain economical and cost effective.
- Maintain own and company tools in a safe clean condition.
- Ensure that the workshop and outside storage areas are kept clean, safe and tidy.
- Carry out all work, at all times, in a safe and professional manor, in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
To be eligible you will need the following: Key Skills
- Engineering background with the ability to organise and manage one’s own time.
- Fork truck technical knowledge and maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small but growing team
- Good organisational capabilities
- Enjoys a challenge
- Ambitious Have a desire to want to join a young but very ambitious company that has a very supportive and ambitious parent company
The ideal candidate for this post would probably be ex REME who would probably be JNCO or SNCO, who is very hands on as you will be the required to carry out the repairs and renovations on the equipment along side the two part time co-workers.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary and the ability to continue to develop in the longer term as the company continues to develop and expand.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on######### Ext 1 or ######### or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Posted 52 days ago