Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £53000 per annum + benefits
Up to £53,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
As a software engineer at Coop Digital youll work in one of our small product teams alongside product owners, delivery managers, analysts, researchers and designers. We work together to create solutions that deliver simple applications that respond to real user needs. The domains for our products vary from funeralcare to healthcare to food and insurance. With everything in between.
We have a number of products at different stages of maturity. You can read about these in more detail on our blog (digitalblog.coop.co.uk). Youll initially join a specific project, but there will be lots of opportunities to move around and keep things interesting. We have a community of digital technologists across digital and the wider Coop. We come together regularly to share knowledge and learn from each other.
What youll do
* learn and use a fullstack approach to software development (it doesnt matter if youre not initially comfortable across the full stack)
* use modern engineering practices like TDD, pair or mob programming and continuous deployment
* work within agile teams to create quick feedback loops and focus on the customer needs
* build services that make a difference to peoples lives
* mentor and line manage other engineers as they progress through their career
* support with recruitment
This role would suit people who have
* a collaborative approach; engineers who enjoy pairing, mobbing
* a flexible attitude to technology and solid understanding of how the web works
* the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
* a desire for continuous improvement
* a commitment to putting user experience at the heart of the development process
Here youll do work that matters. Were a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, youll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Coop and stronger communities. Youll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Coop products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
Were actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Coop people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application youll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Posted 43 days ago