Care & Custody HCPs are RGNs or Paramedic who are qualified Healthcare Professionals working in partnership 14 National Police Forces, to pro-actively reduce re-offending.
Our teams are developed with accredited training and career path opportunities in a trailblazing "Nurse Led" service.
We deliver 1st class forensic medical services into police custody suites across the UK and are looking for exceptional people to join our teams.
Locations:**Nottingham, Newark and Mansfield**
£34,000 per annum
42 hours a week, 4 on - 4 off (days and nights)
Using your primary care experience, you’ll able to assess the difference between an uncooperative detainee, a patient lacking medication or a vulnerable adult with a mental health condition.
This role would suit HCP's with experience in A & E, Emergency Care, Triage, Acute or High Dependency Unit.
The role includes:
- Assessment and treatment of detainee’s health needs
- Promoting drug rehabilitation therapies whilst in custody
- Healthcare promotion and self-harm reduction
- Signposting to support the reduction of reoffending
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Record Keeping
- Forensic sampling
Suitable candidates will be invited to join a short telephone screening call. Progressing candidates will then be invited to join us for a face to face interview to further discuss their accomplishments.
Essential to the role:
Registered Paramedic or RGN or dual RGN/RMN with a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying front line experience
Full membership of the NMC as a Registered General Nurse or HCPC as a Registered Paramedic
Ability to work autonomously and within a wider team
Strong decision-making skills
Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
Must have Right to Work in the UK
A full UK driving license (manual only)
Willingness to develop skill set with forensic training
Flexibility to move across sites as required
In return for your dedication and commitment we offer:
- On-going professional development accredited by Teesside University
- Forensic Licentiate for career progression
- Structured career development in a people centered company
- Fast track opportunities for exceptional team members
- A huge benefits package including pension schemes, private medical cover, share schemes and MiDeals discount scheme with over 3000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies.
Posted 12 days ago