Automation Tester - Haddenham | Zoek UK | cb57bd
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Haddenham, Cambridgeshire, England
£40000 - £40000 Per Annum
Permanent (Full time)
Automation Tester - Haddenham - Flexible Remote Working
Salary: Circa £40k Depending on Experience - Plus a Generous Benefits Package - Permanent
Commutable from Thame, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Tring, Bicester, Abingdon, Oxford, Milton Keynes etc.
Our client is a financial information business, helping financial institutions, financial advisers and consumers make better informed decisions. They are a respected, data-driven software provider who pride themselves on delivering robust, well supported tools and applications to their customers. They are based in Haddenham (near Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire) and are a great place to work – plus some great reviews on Glassdoor!
They are currently seeking a skilled Automation Tester to join them on a permanent basis. Working within a small team you'll be responsible for executing quality assurance procedures on their software, ensuring any errors are identified and corrected before being released to clients.
This role is based in Haddenham, near Aylesbury, but can be home based for part of the week.
• Creating and maintaining automated tests, using C and Selenium WebDriver
• Designing, creating and maintaining a library of test scenario as the framework for automated tests and functions
• Developing a clear understanding of the business requirements for each software application through regular communication with the software delivery team
• Liaising closely with colleagues to agree and document a consistent approach to testing and to identify risks and dependencies
• Undertaking root cause analysis of test failures in order to liaise with the relevant people to resolve issues
• When necessary, perform manual testing to assist other members of the testing team
• Proactively keep technical knowledge up to date and feed learning into the wider IT team as appropriate
Experience, Skills & Qualifications Required:
What you need to succeed
• A good understanding of technologies such as Internet applications, databases, browsers, mobile devices, etc.
• Knowledge of formal testing concepts such as functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, load testing and platform testing
• An interest in, and willingness to learn about, the financial services industry and financial products
• Previous experience using both manual and automated testing approaches, ideally with previous experience of using Selenium IDE or Webdrive
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, inquisitive and proactive
• No-nonsense approach – speaks up with ideas/opinions, acknowledges mistakes and learns from them
• Collaborates effectively as part of a team, whilst retaining a strong sense of ownership for individual and team task completion and quality of work
• Communicates professionally and constructively with colleagues to support effective team working
• Understands the balancing act between commercial reality and technical perfection and focuses on the objectives underlying each project – balancing a strong attention to detail with seeing the bigger picture
• Drives for results, with the ability to maintain focus and respond quickly within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Willing to learn new concepts and be adaptable to changing environments, processes and stakeholders
In return, our client can offer a salary of circa to £40k (depending on your skills and experience) together with a great opportunity to join their hard working, intelligent and close knit team.
You'll also benefit from:
- Working alongside expert colleagues
- Flexible working environment
- 5 weeks' holiday (plus the option to buy more)
- Generous pension scheme (with an employer contribution of up to 10%)
- Life, critical illness, private medical and dental insurances
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards gym/sports club membership, plus lunchtime Yoga and running clubs
- Social, sporting and charity support activities throughout the year
- Free parking, plus showers and a bike shelter to support cycling to work
- Free tea/coffee/squash/fruit in the kitchens
Please apply with your CV.
Our client requires candidates to complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process. This will be sent back to you once you apply. Please only apply if you match the criteria outlined.
Candidates must already have full rights to work in the UK. VISA sponsorship is not available.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
Keywords:**Automation Tester, software tester, testing,**C , Selenium WebDriver, Test, software
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...