Training & Development Coordinator - London | Zoek UK | cce178b595994372a24e8742ad3864b6
Training & Development Coordinator - Teaching Experience needed
London, Greater London, England
£32500 - £45000 per annum
Prospero Group is an award-winning recruitment agency providing services across the education, social care, engineering and audio-visual sectors. Prospero's Head Office is in London, with regional offices across the UK, and overseas offices providing recruitment services internationally.
Prospero's Training & Development team are based in our head office in Old Street. The team are responsible for: support for individuals utilising the company's recruitment services, relocation support for education staff from abroad arriving in the UK to teach, continuing professional development of internal staff and agency workers, developing online and face-to-face training courses, support for the wider business working closely with marketing, HR and special projects departments.
For the past 3 years, Prospero have been providing acclimatisation support to international teachers through a number of Department for Education contracts. This work is an extension of the support we provide to our agency teaching staff. We are contracted to work with external stakeholders to support teachers relocating to teach in England. All teachers have been placed via the 'International Teacher Recruitment Programme' funded by the DfE. Teachers receive handbooks, online training, video advice, live-streamed webinars, in-detail pre-placement training workshops and seminars, individual support and guidance, and an in-school mentor trained by Prospero.
The Training & Development team are seeking a Training & Development Coordinator to support project delivery on our DfE contracts. All members of the team also support wider departmental functions and work across the business. The nature of this role requires the Training & Development Coordinator to be a qualified teacher, trained within the English education system. This is an excellent opportunity for someone leaving the classroom, but looking to remain within the education sector and support others with their teaching careers. This role is full time, Monday - Friday with occasional evenings and weekends to support with course facilitation.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Creation of training material.
- Delivery of training.
- Support and training for mentors.
- Individual support for teachers.
- Classroom observations and associated feedback.
- Ad-hoc support with other projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- QTS gained within the English education system.
- A proven track record of effective KS3 / KS4 teaching within a core subject.
- The ability to develop excellent working relationships across all internal departments, as well as with Prospero agency workers and school leaders.
- An organised, methodical work ethic, the ability to deal with a busy workload that demands excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proactive approach to finding solutions.
Posted 4 days ago