Senior Accountant - Glasgow | Zoek UK | cde8d0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
The Senior Accountant will assist Finance who will play a key part in both reaching the desired position on day one and then delivering my client's commitment to quality and budget. This is an exciting hands-on opportunity to gain broad financial and project management experience.
Our client is a FTSE listed manufacturing & defence company operating globally. They are a flexible company and proactively encourage support + wellbeing for employees, in addition to excellent career progression.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Accountant will involve:
- Providing Project Accounting support, challenge and advice to the Project teams through active engagement in Bids, Project Risk reviews and Contract Reviews
- Complying with the relevant elements of processes and application of Systems Finance Policies and Financial Controls
- Assisting Project Managers in the production of robust forecast updates. Completion of all weekly and monthly forecasting as required.
- Analysing, review, challenge and advise on performance data; ensuring data integrity between the various systems
- Maintaining and reviewing of the project Contract Status Reports including relevant comments to aid management understanding of movements and variances
The Senior Accountant will likely have the following profile;
- Full membership of a relevant professional accounting body - CIMA, ACCA or ICAS
- Experience gained in a business partnering or project delivery capacity
- Experience in data analysis and management reporting
- High level of commercial awareness in a contracting environment
- Capability and drive to challenge the business in order to maximise financial performance and control risk
- Finance experience gained within engineering, manufacturing, ship building or defence environment would be preferred
- Good understanding of Financial Control
The Senior Accountant will be offered the following package;
- £43,000 - £48,000 (DOE)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- Company contributed share incentive plan
- Flexible working
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle 2 work
- Many local & national employee discounts