Bids and Projects Buyer - Rustington | Zoek UK | cf8254de32374b48bf9b20e97dc86c45
Bids and Projects Buyer
Contract (Full time)
Bids and Projects Buyer - Contract for 6-9 months
- Single point of contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments.
- Create the bid & project procurement strategies communicating clear cost, time and quality deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Creation and management of project budgets, establishing bill of materials costs at key stages of the product development cycle. Identification and pursuit of cost savings and efficiencies to exceed objectives.
- Supplier nomination, ensuring robust evaluation of supply chain capacity and capability.
- Subcontract management of key suppliers
- Lead the planning of materials requirements and work collaboratively with Category Buyers to secure timely deliveries within budget.
- Management of materials shortages, addressing through influence of others or resolving as a matter of priority.
- Management reporting to evidence supply chain performance against key targets.
- Support the sales function in winning new business through effective sourcing and accurate costing at early stages of product maturity.
- Work-package management and implementation of subcontracts to ensure commercial & technical specifications meet customer requirements
- Ensuring compliance to contract, leading regular multifunctional reviews
- Management of subcontract changes
- Management of subcontract risk and opportunities, developing mitigation strategies where necessary.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven supply chain management experience within automotive , engineering and manufacturing industries
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to manage low-level maturity design and skilled in cost estimating.
- Planning & implementation skills, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiator.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and similar ERP systems
- Full driving licence.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive, if Copperfield Recruitment Ltd has not contacted you within five days of your application then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Copperfield Recruitment Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 35 days ago