Staff Nurse - Bloxwich | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bloxwich, Walsall, England
Permanent (Full time)
To actively participate in the provision of the resident care philosophy in the care
home in order to ensure the highest possible level of resident service at all times
• A professional and caring service is provided to residents at all times.
• All resident facilities are properly co-ordinated and utilised in order to provide the
maximum level of resident comfort and activity.
• All Nursing, Therapeutic, Nutritional and Housekeeping standards are maintained at
the highest possible standard, at all times.
• Follow the measures in place to facilitate the provision of Medical, Optical and Dental
services wherever and whenever possible.
• To inform and discuss with Care Home Manager any problems regarding resident
• Take responsibility for the identification, initial management and escalation of any
Safeguarding or Health & Safety concerns, efficiently and promptly.
• To review standard and practices and recommend improvements where necessary
through discussion with Care Home Manager.
• Complete and maintain accurate and realistic care plans for each resident.
• To actively participate as a team member of the Care Home.
• To take responsibility to supervise all staff on the Unit and undertake the 6-weekly
supervisions and annual appraisals of care staff.
• Take responsibility and manage the home and staff in the absence of the Care Home
• A high level of team spirit is entered into in order to maintain good team morale.
• All possible assistance is given in order to ensure that adequate cover for holidays,
days off, sickness etc is provided by working additional shifts, with reasonable notice
• Participate and undertake new starter inductions as required ensuring new staff
become fully integrated within the care home and individual teams.
• To supervise and help evaluate the work of staff within the home and delegate any
appropriate duties as and when required.
• Give care and due diligence to ensure availability of information, in line with current
Information Governance legislation.
• Maintain audits as per Alpha Care Homes Audit schedule
• Ensure staff are fully aware of the procedures and processes in the Care Home.
• Provide guidance and support for staff, acting as first line supervisor for staff by
answering general day to day enquiries, ensuring any conduct or capability issues are
referred to the Care Home Manager quickly.
• Act as mentors for staff to ensure they become quickly fully effective team members.
• Ensure training needs identified for new staff and recommended to the Care Home
• All care home staff comply with relevant dress codes and personal hygiene standards
in the care home and are fully presentable at all times.
• To effectively co-operate in Care Home operational controls
• Review each resident’s status and care needs and update care plans accordingly.
• Encourage communications with residents and their families and foster positive
• Appropriate respect and care of resident property and care home equipment is
displayed at all times.
• Any relevant changes to a resident’s condition are properly and fully reported to the
person in charge.
•Full awareness and compliance of care/home/company policies and procedures is
achieved and when co-operation is given with training in any changes and updates to
such policies and procedures.
• The RGN/RMN is expected to work as part of the care team to ensure standards of
care are maintained whilst supervising staff.
• Ensure there is a clear and concise reporting of relevant information regarding care
and wellbeing of residents. Keep accurate nursing notes and resident records.
• To ensure that all relevant Safeguarding and health & safety procedures are observed
at all times
• All Safeguarding, health & safety, infection control, fire, environmental and other legal
requirements are properly observed without exception.
• All actual and likely Safeguarding, health & safety hazards, accidents and incidents
involving residents, staff or visitors are properly reported to the person in charge and
the correct forms completed.
• To ensure the management and reporting of any infection control issue.
• To participate in the formulation and undertaking of monthly infection control audit
and subsequent action plans.
• All aspects of food handling, preparation and presentation to residents are properly
monitored in order to ensure compliance with food hygiene regulations.
• The company uniform is worn at all times whilst at work and when it is properly
maintained and laundered.
• Ensure that a clean and tidy appearance is maintained at all times.
• To assist in maintaining a safe working environment for residents and staff at all
• To ensure that an effective Clinical Management service is provided
• Assess and evaluate the need for specialist medical intervention.
• Implement all GP requests including medical administration, treatments and dressing
for each resident.
• Accept responsibility for custody and administration of medication in compliance with
law and local procedures. Medication must be taken properly and recorded in the
prescribed manner. All results must be recorded.
• To be responsible for the drugs/medicine cupboards and trolley and to ensure that
they are stocked correctly and clean at all times. To ensure that unwanted drugs are
disposed of correctly.
•To promote good care at all times and to liaise with clients, staff, GP’s and other
professionals as appropriate.
• Accept responsibility for personal nursing practice according to NMC.
• The RGN/RMN is required to undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties set
by Care Home Manager.
• The RGN/RMN will be normally be assigned to a designated care home, however
travel to and possible cover over neighbouring Care Homes may be required from
time to time