Bookkeeper/ Accounts Assistant - Olney | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bookkeeper/ Accounts Assistant
Olney, Milton Keynes, England
£26k - 30k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Bookkeeper / Assistant Accountant - Permanent - Olney
- Reconciliation experience of Balance Sheet, P&L and Inter-company accounts. Checking detail for incorrect postings and making corrections when required.
- Month End journal posting for accruals, pre-payments and intercompany transactions. Including commentary on variances to budget.
- Cash Flow and daily bank reconciliation. Daily posting of receipts and payments in multiple currencies. With planning of payments out and co-ordination with receivables and payroll.
- KPI analysis and reporting, showing variances to budget and flexed budget. Analysing trends and proposing ways to improve performance.
- Purchase Ledger coding and processing supplier invoices and staff expenses, including BACS payment runs.
- Credit Control, ensuring monies received were allocated correctly and that any potential issues were highlighted as soon as possible.
Previous Experience in:
- Month end journals for depreciation, accrued revenue, accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of commission statements for sales staff.
- Maintain audit schedule, asset register & version-controlled documents.
- Processing the payroll, setting up and amending employee details, making calculations and adjustments to incorporate SSP, SMP and calculating any amounts to be paid or deducted after timesheet analysis.
- Calculating final salaries and producing P45's. Submitting RTI to HMRC, processing Bacs payments and printing/distributing payslips. Processing payroll year end and issuing P60's to staff.
- Submit monthly pension contributions to include adding new members to the scheme.
- Raising customer quotes, ordering stock, and raising sales invoices.
- Credit Control.
- Processing supplier invoices and making payments accordingly.
- Carry out internal audits in line with the ISO Accreditations
- Weekly bank reconciliations.
- Review VAT returns and submit after approval.
- Processing staff expense claims.
- Cashflow forecasting.
- Renewal of all company insurances and subscriptions.
- Carry out new starter inductions and enrolment on all training courses.
- Preparation of year end documentation.
- Booking accommodation for sales staff and assisting with Marketing events.
- General office duties to include all ad-hoc purchases.
Part Qualified or Qualified accountant - AAT / equivalent - (preferred)
or Studying - AAT / equivalent
Hours of work:
9:00am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
If you are interested, please get in touch ASAP or if this is not the exact role you are searching for please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss other opportunities