Technical Skills Trainer (UK)
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UKs most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. Were an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world
Our values are ambitious, humble, fair and responsible and people focussed. If you share these values and our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered then its a great time to join us.
You will be an integral part of the Clinical Education team and will liaise with fellow trainers and other team members in the co-ordination and success of hands-on residential courses. In additional you will play a crucial role in establishing an internal training programme for the training and education of new CMR employees.
As a key member of themulti-disciplinary, world class medical device company, your responsibilitieswill include:
Training development &delivery: Delivering both residentialcustomer training programmes and internal system training. Supporting thedevelopment of training materials and content. Supporting our work withsurgical societies to support the safe and effective adoption of roboticassisted minimal access surgery. Evaluation of and partnering with trainingcentres.
Product Demonstrations:Leading productdemonstrations on all products, offering product support to salesrepresentatives where needed.
Technology: Understanding of new and existing technologyplatforms and utilise them appropriately to effectively engage multiplestakeholders and reinforce key learning concepts.
Market and Industry Knowledge: Understanding and applying market, competitor,and health care compliance knowledge. Understand the external marketplaceincluding competitive offerings, changing stakeholders, and using this to helpshape the delivery of training programmes.
Case Support: Assisting with the adoption of the Versius systemin a clinical environment and identifying the need for further training.
Youll need to be enthusiastic about clinical education and how it can drive up the effectiveness of robotic or other technology deployments. Youll enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team, interacting with clinicians, engineers, medical professionals, and business partners and ideally have some, or all the following:
- History ofbeing involved in education training and programs
- Aminimum of 5+ years of relevant experience working either as an industryrepresentative or healthcare professional in an operating roomenvironment. Appreciation of bestclinical practice and the challenges of working in surgery
- Knowledgeof surgical environment, terminology, common surgical procedures, ideallyminimally invasive procedures
- Knowledgeof healthcare industry and trends
- Abilityto build relationships with key customers and opinion leaders
- Excellentverbal and written presentation skills, Clear and concise writing andpresentation style, particularly when describing technical content
- Comfortableworking with highly technical material, and strong ability to present thecomplex in clear, simple terms
- Experiencein curriculum design/training facilitation and/or Instructional Design ispreferred
- Abilityto contribute to a team environment
- Abilityto meet deadlines, work independently, and use MS Office applications.
- Abilityto research, gather, digest and summarise technical matter (both clinical andtechnical)
You will be fluent (native speaker equivalent) in English and in one at least of the following: German or Italian.
Whileultimately you may spend much of your time deployed to hospitals or learningcentres, you should be prepared to spend the majority of your time at ourCambridge, UK headquarters for at least the first 3 months of your time at CMR.
There may be extensive global traveland you must be flexible in your work hours to accommodate weekend trainingevents.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, youll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
Posted 18 days ago