Principal Mechanical Engineer - Astwood Bank | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Astwood Bank, Worcestershire, England
£55000 - £65000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is an award winning global multi-disciplinary consultancy providing engineering, design and sustainable solutions for the built environment.
Due to a rapid increase in their workload, we are currently looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their growing and established building services team in their scenic Central London office.
Their building services team are a source of world leading expertise and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client-focused Principal Mechanical building services expert to join their expanding team in Central London, to play a key role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative mechanical design solutions for some of the most exciting building projects in the UK and Worldwide.
Predominantly working with some of the largest and most innovative corporate entities across the UK and EMEA regions, you will deliver cutting edge workplaces that allow these companies' employees to do their best work and change the world. The successful candidate will take a key role in delivering these projects whilst managing our client’s specialist engineers.
As the Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues of various disciplines, including external local engineering partners, to manage the delivery of technically excellent, profitable projects.
You will develop new and nurture existing outstanding client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business and will use your wealth of expertise and leadership skills to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage engineering projects and co-ordinate resource and activities to achieve short-term time and financial targets
• Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate technical software
• Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
• Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients’ briefs
• Supervise and co-ordinate the production of technical drawings
• Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with Operational Procedures
• Attend and participate in client and (internal and external) project meetings
• Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against our client’s specification, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
• Report regularly to relevant Associate(s) on the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets
• Correspond with external third parties (. clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
• Comply with project management, Operational (QA), Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
• Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff
• Proactively manage own continuing professional development (including, where appropriate, actively pursuing Chartership with an appropriate professional institution).
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – (url removed)