Transport Manager - Colnbrook | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Colnbrook, Slough, England
Permanent (Full time)
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations.
Transport Manager – Heathrow
c£45k + profit related bonus.
We are working exclusively with a UK wide haulier in their search for a hands-on Transport Operations Manager. Culturally they are dynamic, people focussed & entrepreneurial. As they come out of lockdown they are experiencing excellent growth & this has created the need for an exceptional manager to help drive the growth further.
The successful candidate for this role must demonstrate the following:
1 A proven, hands on transport manager with wide exposure to all aspects of transport inc compliance, H&S, managing drivers , managing budgets etc
2 Must have worked in a fast moving, high pressure transport operation. This can include food service, same day parcels/freight, any 3PL or haulage etc.
3 When we say hands-on we MEAN hands on! This is an SME & wearing many hats & juggling many transport issues will be part of your normal day.
4 The crux of the role is about the day-to-day management of the transport operation & ensuring the customer gets what they need when they need it – as the transport manager you will have managed a similar operation where every step of the process has been overseen / managed by you. No 2 days are alike!
5 People focussed – you will have had a record of training & developing staff at all levels.
6 Customer focussed – ideally you will have experience of working directly with clients be it face to face or remotely to either solve operational issues or help plan ahead.
7 Exceptional communication skills, the ability to multi-task & have a high level of energy.
Our client is a medium sized Road Haulier specialising in Air Freight
Services include full nationwide delivery and collection service operating from Heathrow. Their inter-airport trunking network connects London Heathrow with Birmingham and Manchester and their neighbouring airports. They offer a complete pallet build-and-break, air-freight handling & X-ray service . Dedicated full load delivery, UK daily delivery & collection service bond delivery & collection, air-freight handling & X-ray, warehousing, inter-airport trunking, Short notice & time critical, Hazardous freight, high value escorted service & much more.
* Delivering all elements of the transport Operations in line with a daily plan
* Service delivery & customer satisfaction is at the heart of the role by any measure including collection, delivery, budgets, safety & all related KPIs.
* Manage a mixed team of own & agency drivers x 50
* Manage an office-based team of c15 including admin, planners, shift managers etc.
* Managing the depot team to drive operational efficiencies, service excellence and productivity in order to constantly improve depot performance.
* Plan & manage the transport budget with the site General Manager
* Overview the H&S, Legal Compliance of the depot through the relevant dep’t managers
* Planning people resources and shifts to meet minimum key performance indicators and quality standards.
* To train team members as required, progressing their personal development
This is truly an outstanding opportunity. We look forward to your application.