Senior Planner - Duffryn | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Duffryn, Newport, Wales
Unspecified (Full time)
Harris Pye are currently looking for a Senior Planner to join our site in Newport (NP20). You must have previous experience working in a heavy industry- Steel / Nuclear / Energy / Power Plant / Waste to Energy etc as the project is building a new Waste to Energy Plant.
Accountable for building, monitoring, analyzing and reporting on Microsoft Project plans and/or Primavera adding value with experience and skills, challenging where required and being able to liaise and report at senior levels.
* Reviewing and analysing design and engineering planning schedules.
* Undertaking project control activities such as progress monitoring and progress reporting.
* Being aware of developments and best practice within the Project Planning profession.
* The successful applicant will have strong Microsoft Project experience
* Project Planner required to support project teams with an understanding of the activities across more than one workstream in a programme.
* Candidates will need to demonstrate a clear level of planning control, governance and reporting with previous experience to confirm their understanding and ability to deliver.
* Dependency Management within Programme Plans to ensure Programme Integration, identification of issues and suggestion of solutions
* Ongoing Plan Consolidation and Dissection in line with agreed Planning Cycle
* Provision of Recommendations for Key Management reports from Plans
* Management of Plan Tracking and Progress Reporting Production and ongoing maintenance of Standard output reports
* One to One Planning Support to assist Workstream Managers in creating and maintaining fully resourced and meaningful project plans in accordance with our client's planning standards
* Plan resource levelling to smooth out resource overloads, future forecasting of resourcing and the generation of cost models based on plan contents.
* Microsoft Project 2007, 10 & 13
* Microsoft Office 2013 suite of products
* Proven experience as a Senior Planner
* Professional qualification, ideally to degree standard, in an engineering discipline or relevant certification is preferred
* Excellent communication and synthesis abilities
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
* Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
Monday-Friday. 48 hours a week.
£75,000 a year
25 days + 8 bank holidays
Please submit your CV if you are interested. You must be able to provide 2 working references