IT Desktop Engineer (Field Based) - Derby | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Desktop Engineer (Field Based)
£23k per year + Benefits
Temporary (Full time)
Are you a problem solver with excellent analytical skills? If so, we have an exciting position for an IT Desktop Engineer to join a very reputable organisation in Derby. You will be required to travel between 4 sites across the UK. This is a temporary role with the opportunity to go permanent.
To be considered for the role, you'll require the following essentials:
- 1st line experience (3 Years minimum)
- Desktop Field experience (2 Years minimum)
- Extensive experience of desktop hardware, operating systems and applications software including configuration, delivery and installation
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting VOIP issues and ability to fix issues
- Technical experience equivalent to MCSE/MCSA in server support with evidence of continued professional development
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an IT related subject or equivalent gained through specific relevant experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills, specifically able to communicate technical information in simple language to end users
- Ability to produce high quality documentation to enhance the quality of IT services
- Ability to investigate technical requirements and solutions and prepare technical feasibility
- Experience of workload planning and delivery of key targets within a service environment
As a Field Engineer, you will provide IT Service Operation activities across all areas of the company's IT and Telecoms systems. Working as part of a shift Rota providing on site IT services 7 days a week including bank holidays and as part of an on-call Rota for IT & Telecoms support.
Within this position, you'll also be:
- Managing, troubleshooting and resolving issues relating to end user desktop, end user infrastructure environment, and fixed and mobile telephony equipment at locations throughout the East Midlands
- Ensuring that incidents raised via the IT Service Desk are fixed in a timely manner
- Managing installations, upgrades, maintenance, repair and fault finding on all end user devices and the end user network infrastructure
- Aiding and acting as the escalation point for the IT Service Desk for desktop, desktop infrastructure, fixed telephony and mobile telephony incidents
- Working in Desktop and Field engineer support capacities and working closely with 3rd party partners or colleagues to resolve incidents and problems
- Providing a high level of Technical support across all areas of the company's IT and Telecoms services
- Dealing with all hardware and software support for incidents or proactively
- Dealing with Microsoft Windows Operating System queries across all areas of the DHU IT and Telecoms services
- Ensure the knowledge base is kept updated with Fixes and useful information
- Maintaining an accurate and timely record of all reported incidents, workarounds and resolutions within the DHU Service Desk toolset
Salary & Working Hours
Salary is £23,000
Working hours are Monday - Sunday. hours per week. When you work a weekend you will be given 2 days during the week in lieu.
Talk Staff Recruitment is an established division of Talk Staff Group and works with companies throughout the East Midlands and UK with roles including many areas such as: Accountancy & Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Contact Centre and Office Support.
Talk Staff Recruitment act as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
See our website for more details and jobs available - ######
Posted 12 days ago